You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Re: A.X.L.

Mikkamakka wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Just to add the logic from a current thread in the GNR section, Slash is NOT better than Paul Huge because Huge was the original guitarist on those songs.

You know it's not that we were talking about.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Just to add the logic from a current thread in the GNR section, Slash is NOT better than Paul Huge because Huge was the original guitarist on those songs.

You know it's not that we were talking about.

Really? It looked like it was said that the original guitarist/writer of something cannot be topped.

AtariLegend wrote:

I sense an amusing Tobias vs. Slash poll coming on...

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Didn't Dave Lank help write something for Don't Damn Me or maybe it was Right Next Door to Hell or something.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Didn't Dave Lank help write something for Don't Damn Me or maybe it was Right Next Door to Hell or something.

yes, he's credited as a writer at DDM, interesting find guys, btw!

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

It really does drive home the fact that GN'R was always – as far as Axl has been concerned – a revolving-door outfit, a big happy family of collaborators who came together to write and record and then moved on. Then AFD happened, and the line-up ended up being locked down – which was never what he'd wanted or intended.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It really does drive home the fact that GN'R was always – as far as Axl has been concerned – a revolving-door outfit, a big happy family of collaborators who came together to write and record and then moved on. Then AFD happened, and the line-up ended up being locked down – which was never what he'd wanted or intended.

I think he wanted to succeed. I think all 5 of them bonded during Duff's Hell Tour and living in the rented storage unit, writing songs together about their shitty lifestyle, etc. But their lifestyles changed drastically with the Appetite nuclear bomb and Axl's musical taste changed significantly while the others still just wanted to do some good old fashioned rock and roll. Throw in way too many drugs and booze...tensions just got out of hand.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

so if I get it correctly, the timeline was about like this:

AXL (Lafayette)
1976-1979
Axl, Izzy, Paul, Dave Lank, Mike Hammernik

Rapidfire
early 1983-may 1983
Axl, Kevin Lawrence, Mike Hammernik, Chuck Gordon

L.A. Guns (first incarnation)
Tracii Guns, Michael Jagosz, Ole Beich, Rob Gardner
Michael Jagosz replaced by Axl

Road Crew (1984 incarnation)
Slash, Steven Adler, Duff McKagan

AXL (LA), later Rose, later Hollywood Rose (first incarnation)
late 1983-1984
Axl, Izzy, Chris Weber, Johnny Kreiss, Rick Mars
Rick Mars replaced by Andre Troxx and then Steve Darrow, Chris Weber fired, Izzy left, Chris replaced by Slash, Johnny Kreiss replaced by Steven Adler

London (1984 incarnation)
Izzy, Steven Adler, Fred Coury and others

L.A. Guns (second incarnation)
1984-1985
Tracii Guns, Axl, Ole Beich (?), Rob Gardner (?)

Hollywood Rose (second incarnation), later merged with L.A. Guns as Guns N' Roses (first incarnation)
Axl, Izzy, Chris Weber, Steve Darrow, Rob Gardner
Chris Weber replaced by Tracii Guns, Steve Darrow replaced by Ole Beich

Guns N' Roses (second incarnation)
1985-onwards
Axl, Izzy, Tracii Guns, Rob Gardner, Ole Beich
Ole Beich replaced by Duff McKagan, Tracii Guns replaced by Slash, Rob Gardner replaced by Steven Adler

L.A. Guns (third incarnation)
1985-onwards
Tracii Guns, Paul Black and others.

is this correct, guys? am I missing something?
based on Wiki information, I'm not sure if Axl first joined L.A. Guns in 1983 and then Rapidfire, or first Rapidfire, then L.A. Guns (in both cases replacing Michael Jagosz).

AtariLegend wrote:

Bump; only so that the spam topic created by the bot doesn't show up as last post in this section.

Board footer