You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Dexter (Spoiler Alert)

slashsfro wrote:
RussTCB wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I dunno what to make of this season so far...I don't give a shit one way or the other about the bad guy....I dunno what is gonna happen with deb n dex n laguerta

Maybe dexter will hook up with the blonde hottie killer

I'm very interested in the season and not quite sure where it's going at the same time.

Gotta be really honest here--I did a quick run on Season 6 eps about a few weeks ago.   And it was the worst season of Dexter, even surpassing Season 3.  I couldn't wait for it to end and whenever Colin Hanks appeared on the screen I wanted to fall asleep.

Flash forward to season 7 and it's totally night and day.  I'm genuinely enjoying this season (probably the best since 2 or 4) and there are a lot of engaging plots and storylines this year.  We don't really know who the main nemisis is at this point (I suspect it's Victor, but there are a couple of other candidates).  Dexter does seem more engaged and energetic this year.  Only drawback is that he still does some really stupid shit but that's been happening for years now.

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

Not really keen on the ending on the last episode.  But I'll have to wait and see how it all plays out before passing judgement.

This episode was kinda boring at least when compared to the rest of the season.  I really hope they kill off Quinn as his story has been boring the crap out of me.  Not as bad as Colin Hanks last year but I end up just watching for his scenes to be over.

The strong point is still the evolving Dexter and Debra relationship.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Pretty wild ep last night

I have a theory, I think dexters gf will kill laguerta and deb will kill her in return

johndivney wrote:

yea can't see either of those (+ the 'russian' boss) making it out alive.

russ'll be bummed when laguerta kicks the bucket..

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:

Jeez, did this turn into a steaming pile of poop fast.  The season had so much promise but I'm only watching now because I've invested so much time into it.  And I want to see how the LaGuerta thing plays out.

Memo to Dexter writers--quit focusing on the romance of this show.  You guys suck at writing this (over several seasons not just this one) and giving more time to the Hannah McKay/Dexter storyline won't make it better.  The last episode was very boring and hard to sit through.

They torpedoed (or sidelined) the interesting Deb-Dexter tension that was at the beginning of the year.  Not sure why they felt the need to add another killer/mystery to the mix.

And can somebody off Quinn?  His storyline with the stripper is just not working.

johndivney wrote:

Zombie Doakes 9

been awaiting his return (arrival?) since the boathouse explosion.
he's the best & funniest character after dex.
(tho matthews had some killer lines this most recent ep - show shoulda had more of him prob)

& i mean seriously dexter, even i could see that guy was bait from laguerta ffs.

tbh i agree this season has petered out.
just waiting for the season finale now.
i guess next yr will be dexter in jail. it's been coming for a while. prob shoulda happened sooner except the shows ratings kept strong & they kept renewing it.
wish he had killed more often. oh well, all good things come to an end wink

laguerta really needs to be on dexters table & meet the plastic wrapping tho.
maybe harrison will get her in the series re-boot in a couple of yrs time!

slashsfro

slashsfro wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

I don't wanna post spoilers, but I fucking loved the season finale!

Gotta disagree with you there.  I found parts of the plot unrealistic and full of holes.  Even the big reveal at the end seems like a Season 2 redux.  I will say this though that last scene was very well acted.  Just a lot of sloppy writing all around.

On a happier note, I really enjoyed the Doakes scenes and wished he could have stayed around for more 2 years.  Instead we get 6 years of boring Quinn.  Doakes was one of the few people who made Dexter feels uneasy and on edge most of the time.  He was also one of the few competent cops around Miami Metro.

This was better than season six but that's not hard to do considering I consider that season basically a sleeping pill.  I'm actually more disappointed with this year because it started out well.

johndivney wrote:

i thought it was kinda boring tbh
once they shifted la guerta arresting dexter in the first 5mins the show dragged til its inevitable conclusion.

was kinda hoping doakes had faked his death, that it wasn't all gonna be dexters flashbacks. oh well.
it was still great to see doakes, he's such a funny guy. miss him.

the season really did go nowhere & took a long time to get there. & wasn't nearly funny enough.

AtariLegend wrote:

Should just had this scenario at end of last year. Reek's of a show having too many seasons, one of the main writers basically said it wasn't meant to go this long. They're writing next year's as last season, but might change it half way through if channel decides they want to renew. I think since season 4 ended they've just been trying to stretch it out.

Oh and to add to stretching it out, this is how they'll deal with plotholes.

THR: There's a big paper trail with LaGuerta's search warrants, the judge who signed them, the bullet from Deb's gun and her fingerprints on LaGuerta's body, the blood that's likely on her clothing -- and then they go to Angel's New Year's party. How will we see them "fix" this?
Buck: Dexter's pretty smart about those kinds of things. Unfortunately even though we've seen the warrants, the fact that they were still on LaGuerta's desk means they were never actually filed. So there is no paper trail there. Everything is set up accordingly, but we'll see how it all unfolds.

johndivney wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Inevitable conclusion? You mean to tell you you saw

Hidden Text:

Deb killing LaGuerta

coming?

I liked it so much because I think a lot of what happened is foreshadowing big plot moves in the next (what some are saying, last) season. Now, if I'm wrong and

Hidden Text:

characters like Batista, Quinn and Hannah just disappear as soon as the next season starts, or have no real impact on the storyline

then that'll suck.

re: ending - not specifically but i knew dex was getting away w/it & that he'd have to kill la guerta & in someways deb would be culpable. it's not that big a surprise/stretch to go from there.

re: next yr - it'll prob suck. hannah is this yrs lumen. whatever happened to the creepy irish nanny? will quinn renew his suspicions of dex next yr now he's banging the new bangin' nanny?
by rights nxt season shoulda had dexter in jail. oh well. hope he escapes/goes on the run soon.

Board footer