You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Dexter (Spoiler Alert)

Neemo wrote:

Weird season, I suspected that Hannah would be the one to kill laguerta, since about ep 7, but was wrong, was shocked that deb killed her

In the books laguerta dies instead of deb being on the ice truck killers table, bit that's the only one I have read and I didn't find the writing good enough to buy more, but what I understand is that the show veered way away from books

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

So .... Final season is 2 episodes in....who's watching

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I am, and so far I'm having a hard time getting into it. First episode was ok, but the second was just plain boring.

Not sure I like all the new characters either. Like the black woman cop. Was she in the last season at all? Feels like she just popped up and everyone treats her like she's been there all along.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

wasnt she the chick in records that dexter always went to see?

AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think this show has any sense of direction, it's obviously made up as they go along. If this show had ended in Season 5, they'd always have Season 1/2/4. Now they have a show were more than half season's were pointless.

I just cringed throughout the entire last episode at how ridiculous the main character is now. He's worse than being irredeemable now as a character, he's stupid.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I've found this season to be entertaining while I'm watching, but afterwards can't really remember why. I hate the old shrink lady, most of the main characters don't make much sense any more... I don't know, at least like I said I seem to be enjoying it while it's on so far. There have been moments in recent seasons where even that much wasn't true.

It's too bad - like you said, they've had some GREAT seasons. Season 1 was a weekly hour of tv that just put me in a total happiness mindset.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think this show has any sense of direction, it's obviously made up as they go along. If this show had ended in Season 5, they'd always have Season 1/2/4. Now they have a show were more than half season's were pointless.

I just cringed throughout the entire last episode at how ridiculous the main character is now. He's worse than being irredeemable now as a character, he's stupid.

It has no direction.   I'm starting to think that this is worse than Season 6.  At least that season had a nice Mos Def performance and the end of S6.  Words can't describe how shitty Season 8 is.

You have a gazillion pointless plots with secondary characters that don't really matter or are interesting.  Does anymore really care about Jaime?  Whatever hapened to Batista investigating LaGuerta's death?  Oh and the Zak storyline was painful since we've seen it before and really the actor  playing Zak was awful.

The dialogue in these past episodes was awful.  This show has turned into a soap opera with none of those redeeming qualities.  Oh and also there were some gigantic plot holes as well.

The only reasons I'm watching are a)I want to see how it ends. B)it does a really good job of putting me to sleep after I watch it.

AtariLegend wrote:

We'll 1 week gone since it ended. I'm still perplexed, WTF was the point of that.

For a Finale with such low expectations to sink below even that. It's the anti-breaking bad. Deb dies a pointless death a year after killing LaGuerta, something that she sure got over quickly! Dexter sends his child away with a serial killer who tried to kill his sister. Dexter buries his sister out at sea, was that to honour her like all his victims?

Dexter kill's Vogel's son on camera like a fucking hitman and no one think's it's a big deal, they don't even take a statement? Yeah, sure they knew he done it intentionally and weren't sad to see it happen, but no one thought about all those times Dexter was investigated?

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm really curious as to what other people thought about the end of this show.

Just watched a review http://www.nytimes.com/video/arts/telev … c_ev=click

Kind of makes it mean more as ending from that perspective, but the reality is, it was a poor last season. Just frustating to invest so many years in a show and watch it get that mundane.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm really curious as to what other people thought about the end of this show.

Just watched a review http://www.nytimes.com/video/arts/telev … c_ev=click

Kind of makes it mean more as ending from that perspective, but the reality is, it was a poor last season. Just frustating to invest so many years in a show and watch it get that mundane.

I didn't feel as let down as I just got into the show in the last year.  I watched all 7 seasons in a month or so before the final season began.  Last season wasn't the best, but I still enjoyed it.  I thought Dexter would have had to kill Debra or vice versa at the end.  But all in all, Dexter is alone now as he's meant to be.  So he can't do harm to anyone and everyone he meets.  I know, kind of lame, but it was still a great series.

Board footer