You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: I need a bad habit

Sky Dog wrote:

Abbey, you anxiety medicine alone is enough to have a bad habit. Take care of yourself and look for some good habits.:thumbup:

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Don't mix those valium with wine. As the resident drug user here, I can tell you to never mix alcohol with downers. You might as well just shoot yourself and get it over quicker.

I don't understand the need to find a "bad habit". People who use drugs(myself included) use them to escape from either something in their past, or maybe something happening in their present day life. It obviously differs person to person.

A drug habit isn't a good thing. It consumes a LOT of your money, is risky,etc.

What happens if you mix valium with wine?  My doctor told me it's just like having an extra glass of wine.  Does something else happen?

Well, you take too many valium while drinking, and your lungs somehow forget they are supposed to inhale oxygen.

My dad died at the age of 39 from an accidental overdose of pills and liquor. I was 19 at the time. It wasn't fun.

I bet he wishes he could take away that "bad habit", at least on March 19th, 1995.

While I swallow pills like candy(a variety), I never mix them with anything.

Mixing various drugs is what causes the majority of drug related deaths.

Exactly. Wanting a drug habit is the last thing you would want in life. It will cost you friends, money, family, respect, and basically your sanity. Alos like James pointed out.. Pills and booze is just asking for that long sleep.

If you must do something.. Weed.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

What happens if you mix valium with wine?  My doctor told me it's just like having an extra glass of wine.  Does something else happen?

Well, you take too many valium while drinking, and your lungs somehow forget they are supposed to inhale oxygen.

My dad died at the age of 39 from an accidental overdose of pills and liquor. I was 19 at the time. It wasn't fun.

I bet he wishes he could take away that "bad habit", at least on March 19th, 1995.

Exactly. Wanting a drug habit is the last thing you would want in life. It will cost you friends, money, family, respect, and basically your sanity. Alos like James pointed out.. Pills and booze is just asking for that long sleep.

I wish I could get my doc to write a prescription for Canibol or whatever they call it.
I have never met a pothead who was stressed out.
Life just sucks though so I need to escape somehow but I'll be careful in what I do.  The wine tonight is taking the edge off.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:
Pride&Glory wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I wish I could get my doc to write a prescription for Canibol or whatever they call it.
I have never met a pothead who was stressed out.
Life just sucks though so I need to escape somehow but I'll be careful in what I do.  The wine tonight is taking the edge off.

Drugs aren't the answer man.

Maybe pick up a hobby like guitar playing, or some other instrument.  Video games are alright, and could be considered a bad habit I suppose. 

Just find something constructive to do to take your mind off things that won't make you lose your mind in the long run.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Abby,

Picking up this kind of a habbit only makes your life worse. Whatever has driven you to feel this way will still exist, except now you'll have to tackle it while also dealing with the health issues, pain, legal problems and other stresses that a serious drug problem entails. Long term it will NOT be useful to remove the pain from your life.

I would recommend:

1. Trying to work out what's making you feel this way if you're not sure. Is it a relationship issue/ job issue etc. Then working out steps you can take to resolve that pressure/talk to the person involved etc
2. If its something that can't be fixed so easily. Eg - unrequited love etc, then maybe see a counsellor type person who while they can't fix the problem can teach you coping mechanisms and skills to deal with the feelings you have so you don't feel the need to hurt yourself.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Abbey you can't escape who you are? And all the pills, drugs and alchohol in the world won't change who you are. The only thing that will come out of it is you can learn from it that the drug habit won't change you, and you'll learn to accept yourself.

It just sounds like you are going to do drugs for all the wrong reasons. The others are right too, pills & wine don't mix. At all. You could end up with a stroke or in a coma.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

Abbey, the worst thing you can addicted to is WOMEN..

But then, sex isn't as dangerous.

Just get yourself some loving.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

I think your Doctor is already helping you right along... the detox to Valium from Exodus with consequent release of Kurt Cobain without more Valium on hand probably significantly contributed to killing him... The worst come down I have ever experienced or seen anyone experience  emotionally careful... (repeatedly found this to be true).. if you find yourself down the tunnel of this when the 100 pills run out...  it's not forever is a good mantra....

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Masturbate a lot.

luckylittlelady
 Rep: 20 

You need some fresh air.

Board footer