You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Richard talks GnR in Japanese Magazines

sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

Russ.... and common fucking business sense tells you that Axl isn't going to turn over the record unless negotiations are finalized. They are obviously not done. I just can't stand the constant ripping of band members for NO reason at all...it gets really old. They talk and they get ripped, they don't talk and they get ripped..    Fuck it...:headbang::headbang:

I do understand where you're coming from. When 4tus says something GNR-related, people say he's using the band to promote his other ventures. When he says 'no comment', all hell breaks loose at the forums. Even Tommy got the odd GNR question in every interview when he was touring behind Village Gorilla Head. Dizzy got burned so bad he's drastically toned down the number of his interviews.

They can't say shit. Not until Axl and Universal confirm a release. If they say anything of consequence, they'll risk waking Axl's wrath.

Axl and Universal won't say shit until the negotiations are done.

The silence isn't exactly a new thing, so everybody needs to cool off a bit. It's just one ridiculous album and it's done. They're negotiating on the release. I personally always knew it might come down to this - just calm before the storm. The new management will be instrumental in pulling this mess together; there's several years' worth of talking to do, and you don't just phone in a $13 Million album. Anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly deluded, and probably still compares the bugger to the Second Coming.

The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

Russ.... and common fucking business sense tells you that Axl isn't going to turn over the record unless negotiations are finalized. They are obviously not done. I just can't stand the constant ripping of band members for NO reason at all...it gets really old. They talk and they get ripped, they don't talk and they get ripped..    Fuck it...:headbang::headbang:

I do understand where you're coming from. When 4tus says something GNR-related, people say he's using the band to promote his other ventures. When he says 'no comment', all hell breaks loose at the forums. Even Tommy got the odd GNR question in every interview when he was touring behind Village Gorilla Head. Dizzy got burned so bad he's drastically toned down the number of his interviews.

They can't say shit. Not until Axl and Universal confirm a release. If they say anything of consequence, they'll risk waking Axl's wrath.

Axl and Universal won't say shit until the negotiations are done.

The silence isn't exactly a new thing, so everybody needs to cool off a bit. It's just one ridiculous album and it's done. They're negotiating on the release. I personally always knew it might come down to this - just calm before the storm. The new management will be instrumental in pulling this mess together; there's several years' worth of talking to do, and you don't just phone in a $13 Million album. Anyone who thinks otherwise is sadly deluded, and probably still compares the bugger to the Second Coming.

The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

A Yeats fan on a GNR board....Cool. Slouches being the operative word when it comes to Axl & Co.

I'm still taking anything said about this album with a pinch of salt, and whatever Fortus and the rest say could just be a load of toss really. 'Blah blah blah 3 albums.... its pretty much done, blah blah blah'. I know they are damned if they do and damned if they dont say anything, but Christ, how many times do we have to hear about 3 albums worth of stuff if they cant even get one out there?

Ok any update is good and its great to see someone from the 'band' actually able to mention the name 'GNR' in an interview so we shouldnt complain really. Its just odd that we have to use various translation programs to find anything out.

Still, at least Greatest Hits is being re-released. Thank heavens for that. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

gotta agree here...i'm actually digging these past couple interviews with richard, tidbits...but they are most likely true...i'm actualy surprised the negative reaction these 2 interviews with richard have gotten cuz i think they are the best thing we've had since the classic rock BH article

its not too often we get info on the current era of GnR from a legit source...and a guy in the studio doing it is about as legit as its gonna get

we gotta lighten up around here

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

^ Well I don't believe Rich is a guy in the studio. I don't think he does anything. Certainly nothing new.

I'll lighten up when something happens. But nothing I've read or heard makes it seem like music is coming from GN'R ever again.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

you really beleive that Richard didnt record anything? seriously? i didnt think anyone doubted that hmm

Communist China

Neemo wrote:

you really beleive that Richard didnt record anything? seriously? i didnt think anyone doubted that hmm

I think Richard wrote absolutely nothing. I think anything he played on the album was note for note chord for chord showed to him by either Paul or Robin or Ron. And I think whatever rhythm he did in the 02-06 period was redone and fixed by Ron.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I think Richard wrote absolutely nothing. I think anything he played on the album was note for note chord for chord showed to him by either Paul or Robin or Ron. And I think whatever rhythm he did in the 02-06 period was redone and fixed by Ron.

i never said anything about him writing stuff, he doesnt have to write material it to record it in the studio...its at least very possible that he was in there with robin and tommy and the rest of them

Communist China

He's just a cheerleader for GN'R. Completely irrelevant to the band's sound and as important as Baz is to CD.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Communist China wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Is this what you think's happened or what you want to have happnened?

I doubt he's just told an outright lie about writing songs on future albums. As for playing everything note for note, it's possible we'll never know for sure, but he's a pretty competent guitarist, I doubt Paul Huge had to 'show' him anything. I would find it hard to believe he came in and rerecorded all Huge's stuff note for note and left it there, otherwise why replace Huge at all, may as well leave him on.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm not one of those richard lovers...but at the end of the day he's a professional session guitarist if you look at his CV...he's not taking lessons from a bedroom player like Paul huge.

Board footer