You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Baz talks about the general and the "trilogy"

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Not gonna happen.  After CD disappoints, there will be no trilogy.

Unfortunately I've been beaten down as a fan to where I agree.

And I'm not really saying CD is going to suck if it ever comes out.  I don't like some of the songs we've heard at all, but there may be others that are good and a few we've heard are good or have potential.  It's just reached a point that no matter what happens, it's not going to be worth the hype or the wait.  And people like Baz hyping it up even more aren't helping. 

To put things in perspective, Baz thinks Angel Down is awesome.  It's kind of like that Sinefeld episode where Elane and the ugly baby were both called "breathtaking" or whatever it was by the doctor.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

we've been told by several different peopel over the years that there is more than one album being worked on, i dont see any reason to doubt it....but even if there is 100 albums worth that first one needs to be released

another thing...if GnR owes the label more than one album you can bet that they will eventually see the light of day

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I cant get excited anymore when this type of news hits the forums. I got excited about the trilogy thing back in 2002. Six years later, its gonna take more than a trilogy promise.

If GNR are serious about a trilogy, start updating the website and give actual info about it. Until then, its just smoke and mirrors.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thats the sad part james...in 02....even 06 the news we have been getting lately with that Ron interview and the Richard interviews....and baz's comments, and axl on angel down,

in 06 the atmosphere would be off the hook...now everyone is like "yeah whatever"

its sad really :wtf:

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, this story isn't getting much play at the forums.  Malaise is running through the veins of the GNR fanbase.

The only thing that will stir up the fanbase is a leak or an actual release date. No Baz hype, Beta posts, Del rants,etc. are going to change anything.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

This crap makes me laugh and roll my eyes. It's all bullshit.  They'll prove the existence of Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster and Santa Claus before anything remotely close to a  trilogy is released. My money is on a Big Foot dicovery before Chinese Democracy even comes out.

Board footer