You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ibelieveinaxl
 Rep: 4 

Re: Let the reunion rumors roll...

The only reason Irving signed gnr was to promote the original line up, period. Plus, just look at who left and who remains in the band now. Robin is out, frank and ron are temperary and expendable, tommy wants out, fortus os doing plenty of other things, i wont even talk about chris or dizzy and now VR is dead. The reunion is happening whether you like it or not...

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
ibelieveinaxl wrote:

The reunion is happening whether you like it or not...

A reunion is at least 5 years away imo.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
ibelieveinaxl wrote:

The only reason Irving signed gnr was to promote the original line up, period. Plus, just look at who left and who remains in the band now. Robin is out, frank and ron are temperary and expendable, tommy wants out, fortus os doing plenty of other things, i wont even talk about chris or dizzy and now VR is dead. The reunion is happening whether you like it or not...

ok boss 22

here i thought irving was hired to do what i like
damnit!!!

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Not that I do not believe the reunion rumors but who said Tommy wants out?  Did he go public on this?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
will (dl) wrote:
ibelieveinaxl wrote:

The reunion is happening whether you like it or not...

A reunion is at least 5 years away imo.

I agree. Not that I want it that far away, but with the speed Axl moves 16.  Also, I do think CD would come out first, unless 3-4 more years go by, then he'll probably bag it.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
war wrote:

are you guys kidding?

based on boots and live viewings i saw his voice gradually and steadily return to top form as the '06 tour went on.

axl experimented with not using rasp in '02 and i would guess it was to avoid permanent damage down the road or he was trying to establish a new identity as an artist. he proved he has a nice singing voice but when your songs stretch your vocal range as much as his do you have to use all the tricks not in the book to decorate and present the vocals and in his case that means using the rasp with the falsetto. the "helium" sound was the result of him singing without rasp.

in '02 axl's mic level was too high at the show i went to and you could barely hear the music and he certainly had more reason to hide his voice back then and yet he didn't. i could also hear him well in '06 in sync with the band. i am sure it depends on the venue and where you are sitting or standing at

Sorry man but this just sounds like a  fan trying to protect their hero. I saw him in three different venues in 2006

Hammerstien Ballroom in NY - 2nd row in the balcony. great show, Vocals were hard to hear.

Calgary Saddledome - Centre ice front row 1st balcony - shitty show,  Vocals were extremely hard to hear.  I also made way way to the floor. same problem. Vocals were almost non existant.

Rexall Place in Edmonton - About 10 rows up just off to the side/ front of the stage - good show,  Vocals were hard to hear and sometimes the mic was obviously turned off. In fact they did the entire Paradise City with no vocals. That's complete and utter bullshit. 

So three different venues of different sizes and acoustics all with the same problem. Like it or not Axl's live vocals or vocal mix  suck compared to other artists. I just saw the Foo Fighters in Rexall Place and Dave Grohls vocals powerd over the music no problem. I just saw the Cure at Red Rocks in Colorado and Robert's vocals were crisp and clear. I'm going to see David Usher next week and his vocals as always will be prominant. Justify it all you want but I've seen Axl too many times and have seen way too many other shows to think he's on par. That or his sound guys suck major fucking ass. One way or the other it blows in comparison.  Of everyone(9 people) I saw Gn'R with in 2006 the biggest complaint(and there were alot) was Axl's vocals. Not that it sounded bad but that it didn't sound at all. Why is that?

Sorry. It's a highjacking. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

I was at the last two Hammerstein shows in 2006 and thought he sounded as good as he did at the 7 Illusion shows I saw between 91 and 93.....go figure. Much better in 2006 than 2001/2002. Their sound guys are pretty poor though. I saw Radiohead recently and everything was dead perfect. smile

I saw them at 2 shows at Hammerstein and at MSG and I thought Axl sounded great, his voice was right on with the jungle scream and the screams in Live and Let Die and his voice overall sounded like the Axl from the 90's and not that high pitched Axl.   The only song at Hammerstein that Axl has trouble with was Twat but they all did.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You guys seem to forget Axl isn't a very good singer live.  Sounding "as good as he did" in 91 isn't a compliment necessarily.  I saw him in Chicago in 92 and as good as the show was, there were times I couldn't hear Axl at all.  I know it wasn't the sound because I could hear Billy Corrigan just fine.  This isn't anything new.  Axl has a great voice, but because of the way he sings, he's going to have good days, but he's going to have a lot more bad days.  Nobody can sing like that every other day and be spot on and certainly not at 44.

Think about this...do you think he went in and fixed the vocals on the live discs because they were good?  You'd think he could have found 30 songs out of all those concerts that didn't need any touch ups since they recorded everything.

Sky Dog wrote:

I agree.:|

Board footer