You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Let the reunion rumors roll...

war wrote:
Bono wrote:
war wrote:

i don't think you are making things up i just think you are having a hard time getting to the truth

The arrogance of this is insane. your opinion is truth. Gotcha. Hypocrit.

war wrote:

everything i have said is backed by fact or music theory - i noticed you didn't even coment on the mr brownstone point. an honest person would have said, "good point"

Holy fuck. You're right. I'm the furtherst thing you'll ever find when it comes to an honest person. That or I'm the most honest legit person you will EVER meet. Piss off with that comment.

war wrote:

everything you've said is backed by how many shows you've gone to which doesn't mean anything to anyone else

Well it's backed by everyone I was with. Odd isn't it.

war wrote:

axl doesn't have mic problems every show nor is he bad live. he's just not as good as he is in the studio. the thing is, again, he does so many amzing things in the studio that not even he can repeat that same level live nor could any of your heroes which don't have the range or the drastic variety of both rasp and clean vocal colors. that doesn't make him bad live - that makes him human

My money says you've never seen David Usher live and knowing that I'll assume you've never seen a singer with such an amazing / powerful live voice.  He's not my favorite but I recognize it. Have you been to half the live shows I've been too? Just asking cause I'm pretty damn sure my experience when it comes to live shows is twice or triple the average person. That's my whole fucking point. I've been to so many live shows where the singer puts on a  much more powerful performance vocally than Axl was in 2006. Performers who I like a fraction of the amount that I like Gn'R/Axl. Funny how last tour a major comment/complaint among fans was Axl's vocals being too low in the mix. they're all dishonest as I am I guess. roll

war wrote:

"comprehend being heard" - kinda insulting but whatever. to the point (mic volume) - i do beleive it is the result of his lack of confidence in his voice but it represents a very small part of his professional career.

You have the audacity to say that's insulting yet you basically called me a dishonest person. Also you pretty much agree with me here suggesting Axl's vocal mix may be low.  Pick a side and stick with it otherwise your arguement is shit.

war wrote:

i haven't been to every gnr show but i have been to several and there wasn't mic or vocal problems at any of them. and since he is not your hero i am guessing that you haven't been to all of his shows either and wouldn't be able to objectively speak for the majority.

Nope but i'd say haveing shitty vocal mixes in 3 of 3 shows I went to in 2006 and reading so many fans voice their concerns over the same issue in 2006 makes my point of view a very legit one.  And let's make it very clear Axl is not my hero. Put that in bold type all you want. Doubt it all you want but trust me he's anything but my hero. Also believe me when I say this: the majority of people attending a Gn'R show in 2006 would have issues with the volume of Axl's vocals. It's only fans on these sites that would say it sounded fantastic.

You know what's also really funny. Is how many people in 2002 were raving about how good Axl sounds but suddenly in 2006 those same people were saying how bad he sounded and how much better he sounds now. Fans not wanting to see the forest for the trees. justifying their hero's abilities regardless. Think about it.

on the other hand, going to 100's of shows doesn't make you objective. and, i am sorry, 3 out of 3 is your proof?  that's no where near enough evidence to permently label him a bad performer or vocalist neither is the fact that your friends, who were probably at the same shows, have the same opinion as you.  i wouldn't have to look far to find thousands of people that have seen him perform live who would disagree. again, i agree that axl rose is an inconsistent vocalist and has had mic issues out of a small precentage of his shows. some could have been technical problems and others might have been due to his lack of confidence. being unconfident doesn't mean you are hiding something or can't sing. some of the most brialliant and talented people suffer from depression and severe self doubt. but he is not a "bad" singer live. that is absurd. again, he sets the bar higher than the previous mentioned, to the point that even he cannot copy night in and night out. another analogy: kobe bryant goes 8 for 24 in 45 minutes shooting and any other no name on the bench goes 8 for 8 in 18 minutes.  the bench player is not a better player or performer than kobe bryant, he simply had a good day shooting open jumpers while kobe is demanding the double team. and this happens often enough to where i can honestly say that people have gone to games and seen it happen more than three times. when axl rose sings in his natural range he has as strong a voice and as consistently as anyone in his field. if you disagree with that that is fine but i do not have the time to continue arguing with you nor to address the rest of your post for reasons i will keep to myself.

Board footer