You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Wow, everyone's on the ledge on this stuff. You should just jump now because this is what we're getting. Not sure why'd you want to stick this out after hearing 10 cd songs. There's no reunion coming either. The best you're getting is Slash's attempt to be Carlos Santana. Another original idea there. Like I've been saying, I like the new ideas here. I'm past the gnr of old. I don't want the same ol, same ol. I want something that challenges everyone involved, including us.

This doesn't challenge anyone though. there's alot more interesting music being made today and this isnt' some of it. Throwing a  whole shit load of stuff together and producing it out the ying yang doesn't  equall challenging, inspirational, original or even good really. I've never unerstood the opinion some people have that this music is "challengeing" or "trying new things" Like what exactly?   Axl needs to stop the bullshit of trying to be Elton John, Rush, and Trent Reznor all in one. Fuck be Axl Rose and that's it. I swear he's trying to be something he's not. We knew he had this type of insecurity back in the day so what's changed?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Wow, everyone's on the ledge on this stuff. You should just jump now because this is what we're getting. Not sure why'd you want to stick this out after hearing 10 cd songs. There's no reunion coming either. The best you're getting is Slash's attempt to be Carlos Santana. Another original idea there. Like I've been saying, I like the new ideas here. I'm past the gnr of old. I don't want the same ol, same ol. I want something that challenges everyone involved, including us.

This doesn't challenge anyone though. there's alot more interesting music being made today and this isnt' some of it. Throwing a  whole shit load of stuff together and producing it out the ying yang doesn't  equall challenging, inspirational, original or even good really. I've never unerstood the opinion some people have that this music is "challengeing" or "trying new things" Like what exactly?   Axl needs to stop the bullshit of trying to be Elton John, Rush, and Trent Reznor all in one. Fuck be Axl Rose and that's it. I swear he's trying to be something he's not. We knew he had this type of insecurity back in the day so what's changed?

It's challenging to GNR fans, obviously. It's trying new things for GNR, or else we wouldn't be having this reaction. Sure, it's not groundbreaking in the general rock world, but what is really. Everything has been done.

And, these are all opinions. My opinion is there is some interesting guitar stuff going on. It's not for you. Great. Move on.

Bono

Bono wrote:

heres' something to think about. Of all the leaks there are way too many people who have their own opinion that a certain song si the worst song Gn'R ever did.  If the World is hated by so many, #2 has been called worst song of the decade by some, IRS has been called the worst moment in Gn'R history(that was me), someone said they never want to hear Madagascar ever again, a bunch of people have caleld R&B a total mess,  that's not a good sign. In fact it's a brutal sign. You won't find that many varying opinions on songs being the best thing Gn'R has done but there are far too many songs falling in the "worst" category. Great. We've got an album full of songs people feel suck. Sounds epic to me 16

sorry for the quadruple posts

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I hear ya, bono, and the relentless negativity is really debilitating. I mean, where do I go to talk about these songs I like. Every comment I make here I get ripped to shreds. This has become the complete and utter opposite to HTGTH. Here, nothing positive is accepted. And James knows, I'm not an Axl nutswinger, so that should mean just a little coming from me.

So, great, I'm in an overwhelming minority of people happy with this stuff. Tell me where to go to discuss it? (I know where you might like to tell me to go! LOL) But I'm serious. What's a fan to do?

Bono

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It's challenging to GNR fans, obviously. It's trying new things for GNR, or else we wouldn't be having this reaction. Sure, it's not groundbreaking in the general rock world, but what is really. Everything has been done.

And, these are all opinions. My opinion is there is some interesting guitar stuff going on. It's not for you. Great. Move on.

Whoa! So it's all opinions but since I'm not diggin' the leaks and sharing your view on them you're telling me to basically take a hike? C'mon now.  It's not challenging for a Gn'R fan assuming they're music fans. I dont' need to hear "classic" Gn'R style music. I'm not waiting for another Jungle, SCOM or whatever. I just want to hear good music.  Achtung Baby was what a band does when they change and try new shit. The difference was they made good music that doesn't sound contrived. That's where I'm at with these leaks. They sound forced, they sound disingenuine and they sound more bloated than I ever could have imagined. A total mess with no direction.  Everyone rags on VR for being too talented to produce CB and Libertand, while I'm gonna take the same stand with this version of Gn'R. Way too talented to produce this throw away forgetable music.  Trust me Bigbri I have moved on. Chinese Democracy is not the vcenter of my music world, FAR FROM IT.  I've said many, many times the album will not be bought by me but since I waited  from 1994 for a new Gn'R release and have been kicking around on Gn'R forums having conversations since 2001 I think I'll stick around and have discussion about the new material. Like I'm gonna sit aroud for  7 years discussing what might be and then when it's time for me to voice my honest opinion on  what is,  I'm gonna move on. Yeah I dont' think. Whether anyone agrees with my opinion or not isn't my concern. Thanks.

Bono

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I hear ya, bono, and the relentless negativity is really debilitating. I mean, where do I go to talk about these songs I like. Every comment I make here I get ripped to shreds. This has become the complete and utter opposite to HTGTH. Here, nothing positive is accepted. And James knows, I'm not an Axl nutswinger, so that should mean just a little coming from me.

So, great, I'm in an overwhelming minority of people happy with this stuff. Tell me where to go to discuss it? (I know where you might like to tell me to go! LOL) But I'm serious. What's a fan to do?

Chill out dude. That's not what this site is about. It's about having conversation. You say you like it, I say I dont'. Others like it, others don't. Do you want us all to sit around and nod in agreement. Here you're allowed ot voice your opinion's regardless. That's cool. You can't expect people to bite their tongues when it comes to this stuff. That's what HTGTH is all about. Here you're getting honest feedback. Never have I considerd ths place to be filled with a  negative bunch of people so when the negative vibes start flowing over the leaks I think thats's an honest reaction.  For the record I haven't trashed you in any of my respeonses to you. I simply disgareed.  And for the record I don't  want you to go anywhere. least of all hell. 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

i am trying to stay away from threads of songs that i dont care for cuz i do feel that the fans that like the songs should be able to discuss them constructively without persecution

i would ask that everyone post their opinion and move on unless they have someth8ing worthwhile to discuss in those threads...

thanks people 22

Bono

Bono wrote:

I also understand it's frustrating when theres' something you really enjoy but nobody to share it with. There are people who really enjoy these things but if the overwhelming reaction is lack luster blame Axl not the fans voicing that opinion.

Kind of off topic but I think it relates:

I went to see that movie Godzilla a few years back with Mathew Brodderick in it. I went with my little brother who was  9 at the time. After the movie he was so jacked. he loved it where as I hated it. I shared my opinion wiht him not taking into consideration he was 9(I'm not syaing you're  9 Bigbri lol). For him a movie like that was amazing but when I told him how bad it was his excitement disapeard. I ruined it for him. At least tot eh extent he didn't wanna talk about the movie anymore.  I always felt bad abot that.  In a way I think that relates. Mayeb not.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i am trying to stay away from threads of songs that i dont care for cuz i do feel that the fans that like the songs should be able to discuss them constructively without persecution

i would ask that everyone post their opinion and move on unless they have someth8ing worthwhile to discuss in those threads...

thanks people 22

That's fair. I think though in a  thread like this that's pretty much running the gauntlet of how we feel about all the songs and your overall view on where the album is heading you've gotta expect reactions of all kinds.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

Maybe I'm having a bad week or something, but it's like I have nowhere to go to talk about these songs. Every thread has this attitude that if you like it, you're an inferior music fan or something. Or, people crying for Slash.

And when I typed "move on" I didn't mean it in the literal sense. I'm not one of those people that's gonna tell you you can't post here because you don't like something. I'm just finding it hard for myself to find a place to post my thoughts without having to constantly defend myself. It's seems to be a solo fight, too. Where are the people who like this stuff? Where are ya? Speak up.

Of course, I don't want everyone here to just nod their head and drink the cool aid. We're not a cult. We're fans.

Board footer