You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Maybe I'm having a bad week or something, but it's like I have nowhere to go to talk about these songs. Every thread has this attitude that if you like it, you're an inferior music fan or something. Or, people crying for Slash.

And when I typed "move on" I didn't mean it in the literal sense. I'm not one of those people that's gonna tell you you can't post here because you don't like something. I'm just finding it hard for myself to find a place to post my thoughts without having to constantly defend myself. It's seems to be a solo fight, too. Where are the people who like this stuff? Where are ya? Speak up.

Of course, I don't want everyone here to just nod their head and drink the cool aid. We're not a cult. We're fans.

I like all of them. I just don't post as much as others sad

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Maybe I'm having a bad week or something, but it's like I have nowhere to go to talk about these songs. Every thread has this attitude that if you like it, you're an inferior music fan or something. Or, people crying for Slash..

That's the funny part. That's sorta the sense I get when people keep saying Buckethead owns these songs and Slash couldnt' pull this stuff off. It's like if you think Slash could do this you're simply in denial. I personally think there's nothing on the "demos" that sound as good as Slash's work with Gn'R. I just dont' see how any of the new guitar work compliments the songs. Solos for the sake of solos is what I'm hearing.  And as I've said many times now the best solo on the leaks in my opinion is the straight forward simple solo by Robin at the end of Better. Sometimes less is more I think.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I can say that I love all the leaks. If The World is the only one I'm not crazy about, but it's still pretty good. The only thing I'd like to see is a little more variety on the album, and with only four songs left that we haven't heard I don't know if they will be any different than the hyper ballads we've heard so far, or if they'll be able to spice up the flow.

I'm still hoping Seven and Sorry deliver big on the heavyness.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I hear ya, bono, and the relentless negativity is really debilitating. I mean, where do I go to talk about these songs I like. Every comment I make here I get ripped to shreds. This has become the complete and utter opposite to HTGTH. Here, nothing positive is accepted. And James knows, I'm not an Axl nutswinger, so that should mean just a little coming from me.

So, great, I'm in an overwhelming minority of people happy with this stuff. Tell me where to go to discuss it? (I know where you might like to tell me to go! LOL) But I'm serious. What's a fan to do?

i am trying to stay away from threads of songs that i dont care for cuz i do feel that the fans that like the songs should be able to discuss them constructively without persecution

i would ask that everyone post their opinion and move on unless they have someth8ing worthwhile to discuss in those threads...

thanks people 22

In Bono's defense this is the "Overall feelings on the CD era songs...." thread & I feel ALL viewpoints are welcome. I've stated my opinion of the leaks, & there's only about 2 or 3 others I recall who dislike them as well. I can name a few who LOVE them, and alot here like them. BigBri this thread is 18 pages long. If you go thru all the pages I bet only about 20% are negative. Probably less. I try not to post much about it, but Bono's just making his case late in the game. Most of us posted our opinions already, and have stopped posting or post about it less. Because it's just you & Bono going at it makes it seem like it's 50/50 or everyone against you, but I can assure you that's hardly the case on this board. Many times I was the only poster in my opinion, everyone else is just offline at the moment I suppose. Just bad luck BigBri. It's like wanting to go out & get rip roaring drunk & none of your friends feel like doing anything.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

also think how i feel....my fav 2 tracks are Rhiad and IRS 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Maybe I'm having a bad week or something, but it's like I have nowhere to go to talk about these songs. Every thread has this attitude that if you like it, you're an inferior music fan or something. Or, people crying for Slash..

That's the funny part. That's sorta the sense I get when people keep saying Buckethead owns these songs and Slash couldnt' pull this stuff off. It's like if you think Slash could do this you're simply in denial. I personally think there's nothing on the "demos" that sound as good as Slash's work with Gn'R. I just dont' see how any of the new guitar work compliments the songs. Solos for the sake of solos is what I'm hearing.  And as I've said many times now the best solo on the leaks in my opinion is the straight forward simple solo by Robin at the end of Better. Sometimes less is more I think.

Well, again, that's where we differ in opinion. Buckethead doesn't "own" these songs. He's not even on all of them. To me, it is music to my ears when Bucket and Axl are together. And, no, I simply don't feel like Slash could pull off all of Bucket's stuff. I don't think anyone's in denial if they think Slash could do it, they just don't agree with my viewpoint, but crying for his return in threads where we're supposed to be talking about the leaks at hand isn't the place for it. At least I don't think so. I'm not a moderator, so I have no say in it. Maybe I misunderstand what the point of the There Was A Time and Velvet Revolver sections are for.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well, again, that's where we differ in opinion. Buckethead doesn't "own" these songs. He's not even on all of them. To me, it is music to my ears when Bucket and Axl are together. And, no, I simply don't feel like Slash could pull off all of Bucket's stuff. I don't think anyone's in denial if they think Slash could do it, they just don't agree with my viewpoint, but crying for his return in threads where we're supposed to be talking about the leaks at hand isn't the place for it. At least I don't think so. I'm not a moderator, so I have no say in it. Maybe I misunderstand what the point of the There Was A Time and Velvet Revolver sections are for.

Well to that I would simply say there's no point in "crying" for the return of Buckethead based on music to your ears. 16 I mean lets' be fair. If people can call for the return of Buckethead cause they feel the demos are amazing with his guitar work then then others can sure as hell call for the return of the original Gn'R guitarist if they feel this stuff falls short and that Slash and Axl are music to their ears.  lets' face it the demos with Buckethead aren't exactly current anymore. Shit some of it is nearing a decade old now. maybe it should  all be discussed in There Was a Time. 14

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Bono, you're going crazy here. Not with what you're saying, but you got like 8 posts on a single page. That's nuts.

I mostly agree with bigbri, that the positive has been shunned in the past day or two, but then again in an overall thread of feelings I'm not going to hide my hate for Maddy, just like others will voice their distaste for various other songs.

I don't know. I think relaxing is the answer.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Well, Bono, I don't advocate calling for the return of Buckethead, I prefer him solo. His solo stuff is light-years ahead of what he's doing for GNR. But, at least he's on the leaks, so he's fair game to discuss.

Board footer