You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

I... would agree with all of that. You're the peace keeper around here, aren't you?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
disease51883 wrote:

I... would agree with all of that. You're the peace keeper around here, aren't you?

hahah...nah i just can't help but stick my nose into everyone elses disputes wink

And I think that's because I tend to see both sides of almost all the major issues in GNR world. Like i love the old band, but I also love the leaks, I like slash, I like bucket, I like Axl....so i find myself always both agreeing and disagreeing with almost anything someone says on here. Maybe i have an identity crisis!! 9

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, I don't really get the point of calling this material demos anymore.

Because they sound too shitty to be finished products. Listen to the new Pumpkins album, the new Foo Fighters, hell the Illusion albums. Listen to the new  Wilco album or the new Britney Sopears album. Listen to the song hell yeah by Rev Theory. the prduction on these CD songs blows donkey balls(pardon my grade two chirp) in comparison. It's rather amatuerish if you ask me. yeah they sound like polished demos but still demos. Finished products? No way. If so it's embarassing. That long in a  studio and you come up with that? Pathetic.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think Chinese Democracy sounds finished. The Blues could be. Better maybe too. IRS is pretty close. If The World could be. But some tracks are probably still not mixed right.

A lot of people hate the production on the new Pumpkins album, Bono. Most Pumpkins albums sound less-produced than these CD leaks.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, I don't really get the point of calling this material demos anymore.

Because they sound too shitty to be finished products. Listen to the new Pumpkins album, the new Foo Fighters, hell the Illusion albums. Listen to the new  Wilco album or the new Britney Sopears album. Listen to the song hell yeah by Rev Theory. the prduction on these CD songs blows donkey balls(pardon my grade two chirp) in comparison. It's rather amatuerish if you ask me. yeah they sound like polished demos but still demos. Finished products? No way. If so it's embarassing. That long in a  studio and you come up with that? Pathetic.

I tend to agree, I'm no expert on music production or mixing but they don't sound like ready to be released songs should imo. Maybe it's just the mp3 format? The album's supposedly mixed by Andy Wallace, is he going to put his name to material mixed like this? Not likely. Whilst the new material sometimes doesn't show it, GNR's still a guitar band yet the guitars are always too quiet with synth stupidly prominent, I can't believe that's the way Wallace or Axl would want it sounding. Axl might be a fan of synth but he usually does it right, just listen to NR, these productions don't come close to the UYI songs with orchestra and synth etc in them, orchestra and Pitman noise drowns everything else out in these leaks.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

A lot of people hate the production on the new Pumpkins album, Bono. Most Pumpkins albums sound less-produced than these CD leaks.

No kidding they sound less produced. More isnt' always better. the pumpkins album sounds great as fara s how everything is mixed. These Gn'R leaks sound like a  cluster fuck. Also that's the first negative comment I've ever read regarding the new Pumpkins album since it' was relesed. Who are these people that suddenly hate the production on it?  I just dont' get how anyone can listen to these songs and think they're album ready. Like APE said woud you put your name to these if you were a producer? This is Andy Wallace approved production? My god.

Sky Dog wrote:

of course it's not....for christ sake, it is the same leaks we had before just mixed differently. At first I thought it could be a final product, but the more you listen...no way. And, if it is final, they need to release another batch of tracks. The songs are definitely way down the food chain, but I don't think they are final and am fairly certain they were used to help rehearse for the 2006 tour. Nothing is final until there is actually an album.....which is still nowhere in sight.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

oh god the new pumpkins album is mixed terribly...the vocal is so fucking high and the guitars are so low....its brutal...whoever mixed that needs to be shot and pissed on :sick:

Sky Dog wrote:

you mean the latest Billy Rose...I mean Corgan album?:thumbup:

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Yeah, the latest Pumpkins, like I said elsewhere in one of these threads, huge disappointment. I live and work near Chicago, and it was hyped here as much as we hype GNR on this forum, and it was a dud.

Now, back to our regular programming.

Board footer