You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

Bono wrote:
Communist China wrote:

A lot of people hate the production on the new Pumpkins album, Bono. Most Pumpkins albums sound less-produced than these CD leaks.

Also that's the first negative comment I've ever read regarding the new Pumpkins album since it' was relesed. Who are these people that suddenly hate the production on it?  .

Well, a few more just posted. 16

The Pumpkins thread on ETS (a giant NIN board), which is over 100 pages, features generally negative comments towards Zeitgeist, in fact I usually defend it over there. It is a major departure from Gish, Siamese, MC+IS, Adore and even Machina if you ask me.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Fuck me. this is hilarious. I specifically remember everyone raving about the new Pumpkins album when it came out. even people on this site. People were saying the guitars on it were fantastic. Now for the sake of arguement the haters come out of the woodwork. Please.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

Listen to Tarantula, Starz, United States and so on. The album sounds great. the Songs sound solid and thick not like a bunch of seperate layers.   But whatever.  I suppsoe I'll have to go digging for sources of prasie from members on this site now.  the point here is nobody has answered the question whether or not you'd put you name to these "finished products" if you were a producer.  I guess if you're into listening to things though a  tin can they kick ass.

Communist China

Bono wrote:

Fuck me. this is hilarious. I specifically remember everyone raving about the new Pumpkins album when it came out. even people on this site. People were saying the guitars on it were fantastic. Now for the sake of arguement the haters come out of the woodwork. Please.

Not really for the sake of argument, just because no one has talked about Pumpkins in so long. Yeah, it kicks your ass and it rocks. But it's not Pumpkins. After a few months, you realize that it isn't the band that made Siamese Dream.

At least Axl won't have that problem. In sound, this could pretty much the band that did UYI. Unfortunately a lot of people have forgotten UYI and that's going to make CD sound even more foreign.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
Bono wrote:

Listen to Tarantula, Starz, United States and so on. The album sounds great. the Songs sound solid and thick not like a bunch of seperate layers.   But whatever.  I suppsoe I'll have to go digging for sources of prasie from members on this site now.  the point here is nobody has answered the question whether or not you'd put you name to these "finished products" if you were a producer.  I guess if you're into listening to things though a  tin can they kick ass.

That is because the pumpkins songs are album cuts and the CD songs are rough cuts and are not even mixed or mastered  yet. BIG difference

Communist China

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
Bono wrote:

That is because the pumpkins songs are album cuts and the CD songs are rough cuts and are not even mixed or mastered  yet. BIG difference

Yes, I believe that was Bono's point. He's using Zeitgeist as proof that this material is not done yet.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I with Bono on this one.. I also do not think these are mastered and finished. They were leaked by a FORMER Employee of universal. Who knows who the album sounds now.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

The songs are finished (or a least 99% don 16), but this is not the production and mixing we'll hear. I doubt that they added another synth or guitar lines (although a better and alive drumming would be needed), but no way will the album sound like this. I had to listen it on nearly maximum volume on my mp3 player.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I think these songs with new drumming and proper mixing and production would be so fucking cool. I just hope we actually do get to hear it one day. I'm worried this is going to become the end of the story.

Jungle Blood
 Rep: 3 

Jungle Blood wrote:

Chinese Democracy is starting to become the 00's version of "Hysteria" without the hitfactor.
Too overproduced, the drums are not pure rock, more like some funky drummachineloop, and every little keyboardsling in inserted where it can be. Its like cramming too much in a small space, like it's meant that we should be starstrucked every second of the song. That's a pretty tough challange.
Especially since everybody does not listen to the song in order to find the smooth touchy third syntheziserlayer, making it less appealing to trad.rock fans.

Too many loose ends.

But I guess this is nothing new for this thread since you GNRibans has been disecting this topic completely. tongue

Board footer