You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Overall feelings on the CD era songs....

Why's everyone "agreeing with Bono"?! I made the original point!!... Except without the "These leaks sound like SHIT" hyperbole... 16

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:

Fuck me. this is hilarious. I specifically remember everyone raving about the new Pumpkins album when it came out. even people on this site. People were saying the guitars on it were fantastic. Now for the sake of arguement the haters come out of the woodwork. Please.

Uhh, not me. I liked Tarantula and Doomsday Clock. Rest sucks. So, we're haters now because everyone doesn't fall lock-step in line with your opinion?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:

Fuck me. this is hilarious. I specifically remember everyone raving about the new Pumpkins album when it came out. even people on this site. People were saying the guitars on it were fantastic. Now for the sake of arguement the haters come out of the woodwork. Please.

Uhh, not me. I liked Tarantula and Doomsday Clock. Rest sucks. So, we're haters now because everyone doesn't fall lock-step in line with your opinion?

Well it's up to you Bigbri whether you want to try and comprehend what I was saying or simply ignore it. If that's the case then yes unless you agree with me you're a hater.  It's been that way since day one. Where have you been?

And how can you honestly say Starz sucks? O.k. than. roll

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:

Well it's up to you Bigbri whether you want to try and comprehend what I was saying or simply ignore it. If that's the case then yes unless you agree with me you're a hater.  It's been that way since day one. Where have you been?

And how can you honestly say Starz sucks? O.k. than. roll

Wow, why are you being such an asshole? We don't agree so you're the musical genius. That's what is so transparent about you. You think your opinion is the only one that is valid, and everyone else just doesn't know what they're talking about. You talk down to everyone and condescend to everyone. It has nothing to do with your views, it's how you act so uppity about them.

Yes, I know what you're saying about the leaks. Not mixed, mastered, produced, put together as well as a finished product. Crystal clear.

But, yeah, Zeitgest sucked ass. Starz sucks? Yeah, it sucks. How can you honestly say it doesn't?

Sky Dog wrote:

touche......let's call a spade a spade.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Insanely off-topic: I've always wanted to have a SP album elimination thing... I kinda like Zeitgeist, not Starz though.

These can't be demos though. No demo sounds this good. And given that these tracks match the live setlist, I'm 90% sure this is a disc the players and sound people get to practice with. They'd probably get the most finished versions available. So while these aren't necessarily final, they are much more than demos.

Sky Dog wrote:

we have a winner....

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Wow, why are you being such an asshole? We don't agree so you're the musical genius. That's what is so transparent about you. You think your opinion is the only one that is valid, and everyone else just doesn't know what they're talking about. You talk down to everyone and condescend to everyone. It has nothing to do with your views, it's how you act so uppity about them.

Yes, I know what you're saying about the leaks. Not mixed, mastered, produced, put together as well as a finished product. Crystal clear.

But, yeah, Zeitgest sucked ass. Starz sucks? Yeah, it sucks. How can you honestly say it doesn't?

16 Whatever man. You're clearly digging for shit that ain't there. NOT ONCE did I ever say that because you dont' agree with me you're  a hater. That was you who twisted my comments to make them fit  to whatever it was you wanted me to be saying. I said, and it was clear as day, that when Zeitgeist came out all I read on this site was praise. Then suddenly when I use it in  comparison to CD the haters of that album come out of the woodwork. how hard is that to comprehend.  Figure it out.

And after this little rant of yours on how the new Pumpkins album sucks I listend to it again and man if Axl's vocals were on that stuff 90% of the people here or on any Gn'R site would be diggin' the shit outta that album.  Call that talking down, call that condescending but for rock fans to flat out say the new Pumpkins album "sucks" is a bit funny in my opinion.

But anyways this isn't a thread about the Pumpkins so I'm done with this little side conversation.  You've been too damn sensitive this week anyways.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Cd will be huge. Its really simple, the album is going to have something for everyone. Axl as not kidding when he said the album is going to be a melting pot album.  Just look on the boards, or the reviews by critics.  Everyone has an opinion on what the best song is.  Some people think IRS is the best song, some think is the worst.  The same goes for song #2, some people think its the best leak so far and others think its awful.  Has there really ever been an album esp a gnr album where no one can really agree on what 4 or 5 songs are the best songs on the album.  If you take 100 diff reviews and have them list what they think the top 5 songs are, I am willing to bet not many will have the same songs in their top 5 let alone in the same order.   I think this is a good thing it means the album is going to appeal to a lot of different type of people.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Funny that you think that's why it's going to be huge...I think that's why it's going to flop.  Nobody will like the whole thing and people aren't going to buy an album these days for 1 or 2 songs they like.  they will find alternative ways of getting the few that they want.

Board footer