You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Re: Rumor: Unheard GNR song on Rockband 2

Dadud wrote:

It could be a Buckethead song that he brought to the band when he joined, since it wasnt ever really released.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Didn't we get our answer with Neemo's post at 15:47. It's a Buckethead-related song, perhaps brought to GNR, but I'd be willing to guess it's just instrumental. Actually, I guess that doesn't answer it. Could be fake, but totally a Bucket-sounding song. I'd bet "Shackler's Revenge" is a marital arts movie. It's interesting to note that the Buckethead FAQ Neemo linked to is from 2001 or 2002. About the time Bucket left, right?

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Apparently, there's a track called Shackler on Bucket's Secret Recipe DVD, under the year 2000. A name-sake track appears on the Dragon Ball Z - The History of Trunks Soundtrack, credited to Bucket and Bootsy Collins. That's December 2001.

Where will this lead...

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I could answer that question if I had "Secret Recipe." I think Crime Slunk has it. Maybe he can reveal some info.

Here's the Dragon Ball Z info.
http://www.bingeandgrab.com/dbz.html

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Didn't we get our answer with Neemo's post at 15:47. It's a Buckethead-related song, perhaps brought to GNR, but I'd be willing to guess it's just instrumental. Actually, I guess that doesn't answer it. Could be fake, but totally a Bucket-sounding song. I'd bet "Shackler's Revenge" is a marital arts movie. It's interesting to note that the Buckethead FAQ Neemo linked to is from 2001 or 2002. About the time Bucket left, right?

I somehow missed all that. It's looking more and more like this is a BH track right?

That's what I would think.  Although as someone said before wouldn't it make more sense to put a Buckethead track on Guitar Hero rather than Rock Band?  There'd have to be some sort of vocals if it's on that game, right?

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I'm starting a topic about this over at buckethead.tk. If anyone can shed more light on this, someone over there can.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Thanks for the effort Bri. It'd be great if we could get this figured out. I hate getting excited to just be let down again, and the thought of a newGNR song being on a Rock Band game is just too sweet.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm thinking of that other theread where it was saying artists make more $ on games now than CDs, and thinking what a great way it would be to release a new song. Make it exclusive to the game for a while, then release a single, then an album.

Hope its true. But the jaded part of me thinks its just a bucket solo song that someone has been cute enough to mislabel as GNR.

Board footer