You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Bach talks about Axl on Angel Down

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Liking the album because it is Bach's is terrific.  I don't think anyone has criticized anyone for wanting to buy it because of Bach.  The criticism comes in when people say they are only buying it because Axl is on it because somehow they think buying Baz's album supports Axl.  The other criticism is if the album is so good, why would a person who's only talent is to sing bring in another guy to sing lead on 3 of his songs unless it was just to sell more records?  Neither of those are anything against people that like Bach.  Hell, I think Bach has an amazing voice.

Emir has a good point too that I never thought about.  Axl has never done anything to support his band members' solo acts, but here he is helping Baz out (again).  Where would Bach be without Axl?

Sky Dog wrote:

Why not sing on Tommy's record or Izzy's or ....somebody actually cool!:haha:

no offense to the Bach fans, but he is just a little to hyper for me!:nervous: However, I am interested in hearing Back in the Saddle.:mosh:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Axl has never done anything to support his band members' solo acts, but here he is helping Baz out (again).  Where would Bach be without Axl?

He'd be in the same place he is now. Did he get some big career boost out of opening for Guns that I missed?

Well, I'll put it this way:  I keep a pretty close eye on music and had he not been opening for gnr, I wouldn't know anything about what he was doing now short of having been on reality tv and some VH1 specials.  I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one that is aware of him currently ONLY because of his association with Axl.  So yes, he has received a career boost.  How big?  I don't know, but considering he was completely off the map before he opened for gnr, I'd say it wasn't a small one.

Listen, I like Bach's voice and I liked Skid Row back in the day.  The guy has a gift for singing hard rock/metal.  He's a far better singer than Axl is (in my opinion), but that's where it ends.  His songwriting skills make Axl look like Beethoven and I don't think he's anywhere near a top flight frontman (I'd say he's slightly above average), but the guy is one hell of a singer.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

There is nothing to be worried about here. I cant imagine this having any effect on GNR. Getting a record with Axl on it will not hinder GNR moving forward. I cant see why one would think that.

Sky Dog wrote:

The wind blowing or a perfume smell in the room could hinder Gnr from moving forward.....:mad:

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Here's what I don't get. Is it really so hard for people to understand that there are alot (maybe not a ton, but alot) of people out there who are fans of Sebastian Bach? I

of course there are, otherwise he wouldn't be recording albums still....
i am more interested in Axl's strategic approach, and his frame of mind with regards to this....why would he guest on Bach's album, and not once on any BH recordings? Or Tommy, like mentioned above? Or on anything of Izzy's?

That's the weird bit for me....he brought Bach into the "fold" literally out of nowhere, and the guy's now a fucking inner circle confidante....unbelievable...i know they have history together and everything...but its just weird....

Sky Dog wrote:

a couple of years being buddies 16 years ago hardly qualifies as best friend for life....in the end Baz is the ultimate yes man who has a forum to indirectly promote Axl with his tv stuff, music, etc....

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The other criticism is if the album is so good, why would a person who's only talent is to sing bring in another guy to sing lead on 3 of his songs unless it was just to sell more records?

I'd say its more that:

1. Baz and Axl are friends...and its cool to have your friends on your album.
2. Baz is a fan of Axls. Its obvious from all the interviews he has given in the past - especially around the time of Axls return to the public view - that Baz thinks axl is an amazing singer, and he's talked about how impressed he is by his screams and range and stuff. Its therefore logical that he thinks brining him in would make a great song even better.

I dont deny that there will be financial/promotional rewards to having axl involved, but i think thats a welcome side effect not the purpose of his inclusion, as as to your assertion that his involvment somehow means that they doubt the album to have been any good to start with. Well i dont see it that way.

I might have written what i thought was the best song in the world, and if i had a friend who has talents I admire and respect, I'd damn sure ssk him to add to my song.

At the end of the day, i think its a stretch to say that getting a guest singer means you think the album is shit and needs a lift. At the same time - i'm not saying its going to be the worlds best album - i'm expecting it to be similar to the other Skid Row albums - damn fun when your drunk and need to rock the hell out!!!

Board footer