You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Slashisvr wrote:
misterID wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

didnt axl say at rock in rio "without paul....there would be no mroe guns n roses" ?

surely that made him as much of a member (at the time) than anyone else big_smile

I might be wrong, Neemo would know for sure, but I think he meant that it was his
support to Axl. Because it was an interview where Slash said Huge was his biggest
problem with Axl and the whole Sympathy For The Devil thing and Axl said that
Paul didn't want to be in the band and that he was just helping out.

cool 19

BUT.... i dont think paul was the saviour of GNR, axl would have carryed the fuckin thing on if paul was there or not lol

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

Wow, good news, interesting times....

I wonder if/how they'll manage to cock this one up!

Slashisvr

Slashisvr wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

I imagine, a few cancelled shows, storming off stage, line up changes, failed deadline of ralbum release will be probale cause lol 17

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

I imagine, a few cancelled shows, storming off stage, line up changes, failed deadline of ralbum release will be probale cause lol 17

Lol, and all the fault of us, the fans!

Lets hope we'll be hearing this song soon.

I actaully feel a little sad that this album may come out soon, the myth has overshadowed the music for me I feel. Its bound to be a massive anticlimax. wink Unless it rocks of course....

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:
misterID wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

didnt axl say at rock in rio "without paul....there would be no mroe guns n roses" ?

surely that made him as much of a member (at the time) than anyone else big_smile

I might be wrong, Neemo would know for sure, but I think he meant that it was his
support to Axl. Because it was an interview where Slash said Huge was his biggest

cool 19

BUT.... i dont think paul was the saviour of GNR, axl would have carryed the fuckin thing on if paul was there or not lol

From what i can recall it was Paul who convinced Axl to keep Guns n Roses alive...i believe that Axl was well and truely ready to call it quits and retire...he was so devestated at how things had degenerated in his life at the time, but Tobias and Beta kept his spirits up and kept him going dring that time....its either that or he was contemplating a solo career and they talked him into keeping the GnR brand going...either way Paul was one of Axl's confidentes during that period of time.

before you ask i have no idea where i read that stuff...for all i know it may be just ramblings of a GnR Forum junkie 14 .... sic. is the quote man...if it exists he'll know where to find it

regardless there were rumored periods where Axl wouldnt sing or write lyrics to anything as he had totally lost all confidence in himself and gnr

Slashisvr

Slashisvr wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:
Locomotive98 wrote:

Lol, and all the fault of us, the fans!

Lets hope we'll be hearing this song soon.

I actaully feel a little sad that this album may come out soon, the myth has overshadowed the music for me I feel. Its bound to be a massive anticlimax. wink Unless it rocks of course....

In my view, this "thing" that we call chinese democracy by "Guns N' Roses" has been hyped up so much by press, to be let down, and to be hyped back up again...and again, by press, and people like bach saying the album is "epic", but... dont get me wrong, i am looking forward to hear it, but i cant help but feel im going to be disapointed with it, i seriously i hope the band proves me wrong

theres so much confusion going on, i dont even know who will be on the album! hell we could have a Duff baseline from 95 for all we know lol

but, this is a positive sign, surely it wont end like the harley ad, the album has been handed in so were led to believe, and i guess this is what axl has been doing/negotionating the release of the album.

time will tell....

Slashisvr

Slashisvr wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:
misterID wrote:

cool 19

From what i can recall it was Paul who convinced Axl to keep Guns n Roses alive...i believe that Axl was well and truely ready to call it quits and retire...he was so devestated at how things had degenerated in his life at the time, but Tobias and Beta kept his spirits up and kept him going dring that time....its either that or he was contemplating a solo career and they talked him into keeping the GnR brand going...either way Paul was one of Axl's confidentes during that period of time.

before you ask i have no idea where i read that stuff...for all i know it may be just ramblings of a GnR Forum junkie 14 .... sic. is the quote man...if it exists he'll know where to find it

regardless there were rumored periods where Axl wouldnt sing or write lyrics to anything as he had totally lost all confidence in himself and gnr

i consider this encarnation of Guns N' Roses a solo carrear lol 21

it certainly isnt the GNR i knew

Locomotive98

Locomotive98 wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

cool 19

i consider this encarnation of Guns N' Roses a solo carrear lol 21

it certainly isnt the GNR i knew

Absolutely, this has never really been anything but a solo project to me.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

And it's official.  Good news all around, then.

If you haven't already, you should read the story on Rolling Stone's site.  Amazing to see the Bucket-love from all the posters...

Sky Dog wrote:

the real question is when is this song going to leak?:mosh:

Board footer