You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Stuck Inside

buzzsaw wrote:

it depends on who you ask.  some will say you aren't a real fan, some will say this doesn't matter to gnr.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What does it mean when I as a fan of Axl and GNR don't even care enough to download this?

I'd call you lazy 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What does it mean when I as a fan of Axl and GNR don't even care enough to download this?

Its cos your waiting for the official CD 17 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Axl's doing it for fun.  ACCEPT THAT FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH!

It's been over a decade since he's really released anything more than one 'demo'. 

And here i thought GNR fans would be happy to hear Axl back at it again...

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Personally...i'm way happy to hear Axl back again, and Baz back again.

I think its going to be an album i really dig from what i've heard...and i'll be buying the official CD on the day its out here.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

Man what is up with constantly expressing how bad you think the song is?

I'm all up for one or two posts explaining your opinion, but damn, we get it. Lol.

This is definitely NOT going to affect Axl or the GNR situation at all. The way some of you guys talk make it sound like if you thought the songs were good Axl would personally notice and release Chinese Democracy ASAP. Axl was doing his friend a favor and having fun singing on another album. There is no way any negative reviews are going to affect Axl or the Chinese Democracy situation because there arent going to be any serious reviews that say "Axl was the reason this album sucked"... to be honest I doubt the reviews will mention Axl very much at all other than "Now if we could only get Chinese Democracy." And if you think THAT is going to make him "feel bad" and thus further delay the record, you're retarded! Lol. Axl did it for fun and the tracks sound fine for what they are.

I'm going to have to go against the flow, it won't be good for Axl... "Chinese Democracy" will always be mentioned more than Sebastian Bach in reviews for "Angel Down" in quite a few major music publications.

It doesn't matter how good his album is or not, as none of his music is relevant today.

...And although the same might be said about "Chinese Democracy"... the fact is thats its alot bigger than anything Bach will ever do. Bad reviews for this mean its bad for Axl, because thats the way media does things.

There is no way Chinese Democracy gets more than 1 mention in the eventual Rolling Stone review for Bach's album. Axl might get a couple props but there is no way he will be the centerpiece of the review. I think some people are blowing that WAY out of proportion. Axl will get like 2 sentences at most. At worst they'll say "Maybe Axl didn't need to be on some of these songs but it definitely doesnt hurt to have one of rocks greatest singers on an album"

And Buzzsaw dude, we get it. The music is "irrelevant" and the incredibly poor reviews are definitely going to delay Chinese Democracy for two more years, cause Axl to enter a huge depression. neutral

I will say it once more, Chinese Democracy is NOT going to be the centerpiece of any credible review for Angel Down. Lol. Axl is not that important... you guys are delusional. This album is not gonna affect anything...

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

^ Agreed.

I expect the most that would happen is a cheap joke at Axl's expense like "Axl fresh from 16 years work on his unrleased album took some time to do actually camo on a song" or something along those lines.

But thats going to be like 1 line in a review. And given that bach sounds like he can still do skid row music and Axl sounds good - i'd expect a positive review.

I really hope the album does better than what the naysayers predict.   I think it will.  I'm not expecting it to go platinum or anything, but I think it will sell comparible to other rock acts who released albums this year.  I'm buying my copy Nov 20!

Agreed, I really do think that this album could do quite well, I think some people want to hear new old school rock n roll again and for the youngens that missed the late 80's/90's Skid Row craze, this could really catch their attention and they may really dig it.  I think that is the one thing we forget sometimes is that some of us lived through that era and some consider dated for the new generation that hasn't, this is all new to them if they never listened to Skid Row before, this might turn them on to that back catalogue.

I'm am going to support the effort and buy my copy.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer