You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

Re: SR's leak plausibility and potential timeframe (informed speculation)

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Very good time frame you established there, and seeing it like that makes me wonder why GNR didn't throw the track on Itunes in the initial excitement over the track. Doing so would not have affected game sales one bit. I realize deals have been made with Rock Band, but it still doesn't make sense to waste that buzz. Other than confirming the track would be on Rock Band 2, they didn't give one iota of info.

I figured Azoff would realize that the whole "mystery" thing is old.

Yeah, I think it was a wasted opportunity.  Unless there's some sort of major add campaign (for Rock Band, not GNR) coming up as the release gets closer, but that's probably money they don't need to spend.  Any hard core gamers who'll want it release day most likely get their info from the net anyway.

In this day and age it would have been super simple to throw a single on itunes, or at the very least announce a timeframe for when a single will go to radio.

Dadud wrote:

The game is going gold any day now, so its possible some sneaky bastard could get his hands on a copy right away off the production line. Spore for example, comes out september 7th. But is going gold sometime this week

What's "going gold"?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

They definently missed a great opportunity for promotion with not releasing the song during the initial buzz.

We have to believe there's a bigger plan in play though.  I really doubt they'd be stupid enough to pull a Oh My God part 2.  The buzz around this song will be big, here's hoping they picked the right song this time around.  bucket

Sky Dog wrote:

I am fairly certain it is a contractual issue with the game. If someone pays you enough to keep it off ITUNES until the release of the game, you take the money upfront........a bird in hand so to say.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Saikin wrote:

They definently missed a great opportunity for promotion with not releasing the song during the initial buzz.

We have to believe there's a bigger plan in play though.  I really doubt they'd be stupid enough to pull a Oh My God part 2.  The buzz around this song will be big, here's hoping they picked the right song this time around.  bucket

I agree. I think this is the song everyone is waiting for. Or it's something totally the other way that will have the fans divided like most of the leaks.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
darknemus wrote:

It would not shock me, though, if the thing showed up somewhere as soon as tomorrow wink - We shall see smile

Hope you all have a great day,

-darknemus

Cheers for posting.

Tomorrow works for me....

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Going gold is when the game goes into production. Usually 4-2 weeks before ship date. usually 4 weeks for the popular games that are likely to sell tons, 2 weeks for the rest.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Dadud wrote:

Going gold is when the game goes into production. Usually 4-2 weeks before ship date. usually 4 weeks for the popular games that are likely to sell tons, 2 weeks for the rest.

Cool, Thanks.

That's what I inferred from the way you used it in your post, but I figured I'd ask to be sure.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Aussie wrote:
darknemus wrote:

It would not shock me, though, if the thing showed up somewhere as soon as tomorrow wink - We shall see smile

Hope you all have a great day,

-darknemus

Cheers for posting.

Tomorrow works for me....

While if it leaks I definitely want to hear it.  We have been jerked around for so long that his song don't even excite me.  And if that news would've happened 2 or 3 years ago it would've made me go out and buy an X-Box 360 just for that game.  Now I'm gonna wait for the PS 3 version of the game and it is not even a guarantee I'm going to buy it the day Rock Band 2 comes out.  While I wanna hear the song when it leaks out of curiosity, the excitement is all gone man.  And even if Axl were to announce a release date for the album tomorrow I still wouldn't get excited.  Mainly because I wouldn't believe him but still.  Am I the only one who feels like this?

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm excited but I want to see results. I think we've all come to expect either further blueballs or a ruined orgasm by lukewarm response, further band silence, and poor single sales. I'm ready for the first Guns song to be officially released in this century, but if it comes and goes without any buzz I will be somewhat let down I think, even if the song kicks my ass. Because Chinese Democracy and Riyadh and There Was a Time and Better kick my ass, but they haven't gotten me super-excited besides the first couple listens, because, in the end, they're just tracks. Tracks that so many people dislike and disrespect that I lose confidence in them each day I don't hear them.

Public perception's a bitch.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer