You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: SR's leak plausibility and potential timeframe (informed speculation)

monkeychow wrote:

Hmmm...

I thought the Mo Cap stuff was just to make a cool looking CGI slash to have on screen.

I thought they make these games from the original masters, and that stuff isn't recorded explicitly for the game - its just they isolate particualr tracks from the original recordings. The sex pistols thing was re-done cos they had no originals.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i'd be really surprised if the band had to do anything for this, i figured they'd just cough up some pro tools master files or dumps of different track parts of the song.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

i don't quite see the point of this....we know for a fact that the song will hit mainstream in about a month from now....we also know for sure that it will be available for download on almost all forums instantly...

so what if it leaks a bit earlier?
who really gives a shit?
its going to come out anyway, a month here or there is really irrelevant...

the possibility of it leaking earlier is not gathering half as much interest as Better and TWAT did in 2006...probably because we know its coming....

so unless the "leaker" has some other tricks up his sleeve, like an additional song, or perhaps all of the instrumental parts from the song, to make it slightly more appealing, i really don't see the reason to get excited about this...other than the fact that we are now going to get a final track, and no longer a "demo"...so other than OMG, this will be the second track in 10 years which is to be considered finished...

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Hmmm...

I thought the Mo Cap stuff was just to make a cool looking CGI slash to have on screen.

I thought they make these games from the original masters, and that stuff isn't recorded explicitly for the game - its just they isolate particualr tracks from the original recordings. The sex pistols thing was re-done cos they had no originals.

Maybe i'm wrong, but i'd be really surprised if the band had to do anything for this, i figured they'd just cough up some pro tools master files or dumps of different track parts of the song.

No, you're right about the master tracks. That's happened with alot of songs being used for different projects. But that's the reason the Pistols had to re-record Anarchy.

I know it happens alot but the only other example I can think of right now is Blister In The Sun by the Femmes. It was on a soundtrack to a movie about 10 years ago or so and they all realized no one had the masters so it had to be re-recorded.

oh ok like i said  the "making of" vids i watched were from guitar hero 1 so i guess they have perfected things since that game

regardless some programmer put in a decent amount of time into the song...its not like the HD thing where they just overlayed a song over some sheep footage

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
elmir wrote:

so what if it leaks a bit earlier?
who really gives a shit?
its going to come out anyway, a month here or there is really irrelevant...

to be honest i'm not even overly excited...i'm more indifferent to the whole situation which is weird but everythign is so anti climatic at this point...maybe this is what Axl was after this whole time..maybe he doesnt want the expectations too high cuz there was a point where is was getting billed as the bringer of world peace 16

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i agree Neemo...i think pulling out of this would be much harsher than the harley add.

I mean that was just stock footage and they could overdub any song...a lot more work will have gone into making this song playable in the game - and given those people from the company were talking about playing the track like a few weeks ago...it looks all good so far!

I'm excited...I like the leaks we've had...and if its similar quality and fully mastered it promices to be a good listen smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
russtcb wrote:

So here's some bad news. I just checked IGN.com to see if there was any new Rock Band 2 info and saw the date was pushed back to October 19.

I wanted to double check so I want to the official site:

http://www.rockbandstore.com/detail.php … f679e8790f

Where it is in fact listed as being released on October 19 for the Xbox 360 (the first version to release).

It says 'Special Edition if that means anything.smoke.gif

Looks like my few months later timetable *may* yet be more accurate than darknemus's.:o emoticon_dead.gif :wtf:  (If it's not in print yet it just brought itself more time for the production line, if this is true.)

*This is your conductor speaking: the train to 'Shackler's Revenge' is delayed by two months.  Thank you for traveling with us.*

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Two...months while they re-code for Rocket Queen? wink

Board footer