You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Baz now claims 4 GNR albums exist

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Dizzy too..

I agree that Stinson and Finck have remained the 2 constants for this era, just as Slash and Duff were in the original band, but I don't think Dizzy's presence has made much of a difference in the past or present. Axl could do what he does. So could Pittman, and probably even better.

I think Dizzy could be gone tomorrow and it would honestly make little to no difference at all.

bba

shows w/o Dizzy to really know everything he brings to the table.

Almost every song post AFD needs Dizzy....

Axl can't play both piano & keyboards, and if you don't like piano or keyboards then you're an AFD fan, not a Guns N' Roses fan.... (Not directing this specifically at you, russt)

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

James you bring up a scary point.  Axl has just released material, that he barely worked on.  Finck and Dizzy (who've been there longest), must be feeling some resentment towards Axl. 

If they choose to leave, i wish them all the luck in the world.  After this nightmare they've lived through the deserve success.  I can't imagine how it would feel to work on a project for a decade of your life because one man says it's not good enough to be released.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
Saikin wrote:

If they choose to leave, i wish them all the luck in the world.  After this nightmare they've lived through the deserve success.  I can't imagine how it would feel to work on a project for a decade of your life because one man says it's not good enough to be released.

Probably not as bad as if you left and then didn't get the credit for years of hard work.

Tommy was selling fax machines or something before he landed a job with GN'R...I think I'd know which job I'd prefer, release or no release.

Robin I don't know about at all.

But my guess is Axl rewards those loyal to him well.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I dont think axl did stuff for baz to further his career either....but i also think Axl feels gnr is on the same level as they were back in 93...which they arent. I dunno the songs are ok....not fantastic but not total shit. thing is that the success of this Baz album will impact Axl's future with CD....whether it does good or bad.. and its a bit of a gamble on Axl's part, from the look of things the reaction is mixed at best on these songs

if the album gets huge promotion based on Axl's name and it flops with the target fanbase AXl will get flack big time....if it does half decent then he may get hailed as elevating the record to a respectable level....anywya like i said hes got his own comeback plus the career of 7 dudes on the line with this...is it a good gamble? I guess we'll find out soon

As for legal stuff holding up the release....i still say lack of managment must be part of it

@ Atari....too bad 80% of the stuff GnR has done in recent history is AFD material 16 I'm not a fan of heavy keyboard use in rock so i dont think Dizzy is too integral to the success of GnR past or present 19

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm really surprised that we haven't had any leaks as of late. It seems like the perfect time for a hoarder to let something out, it'd be the only thing worth talking about, and isn;t that what they want? Their 15 minutes could be up to 20 in this climate.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

This album will come & go with hardly a whisper. Look at Kid Rock, his album has little impact & he is much more relevant to todays music scene than Sebastian Bach. It's really not going to affect Axl or Gnr, because nobody will hear of this. It'll sell about 50,000 - 70,000 copies.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

megadeth's newest album sold 42,000 first week or something....you think that Baz will top them?

and libertad sold like 92,000 copies first week

I's say your being very optimistic, maybe 20,000-30,000 19

I dont mind waiting a couple more weeks for the rest of it smile  something to look forward to.   I dont think I'll download bitchslap with Axl on it.  I like the song and am really anxious to hear Axl's part in it..

Board footer