You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Baz now claims 4 GNR albums exist

PaSnow wrote:
Neemo wrote:

megadeth's newest album sold 42,000 first week or something....you think that Baz will top them?

and libertad sold like 92,000 copies first week

I's say your being very optimistic, maybe 20,000-30,000 19

I thought Libertad sold 200,000. If it was only 92,000 then your #'s sound more accurate to what it'll be. About 20,000

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno i could be wrong, i dont have an account with billboard so i looked at an old article from blabbermouth....i think Ozzy sold like 150,000 or something first week and that was alot (Like #2 or 3)

anyway i doubt this album makes the top 100 .... who knows though all the GnR fans may rally and boost some artificial sales for Baz and make him feel good

I doubt i'll buy it, i'd have to check out some actually album cuts first to see what its like hmm Stuck inside is cool...dont dig the baz only liabs...and the aerosmith cover is neither here nor there for me.

Like i said i'd be the guy who dl's first and maybe buys later...depending

but to JB....i do wanna hear what axl does to that last track...see if he elevates it, i imagine he will

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

I'd honestly be surprised if Baz's album sells over 15,000 copies. It'll probably sell about the same as a Warrant comeback album. Especially if the rest of the album is like the songs that we've heard so far.

I honestly think alot of you will be surprised at the low number of albums Chinese D sells IF it is ever released. Most people don't care about GN'R anymore. It's sad but true. If you think you are going to go to your record store on the day of the release and be standing in a line with people waiting to get their copy, I think you're sadly mistaken.

Piracy has alot to do with that, the fact that Slash and company aren't on the album will play a role as well.  The major factor will probably be that to most of the general public, GN'R hasn't really existed since the early 90's. I'm not saying that as a diss to the new band. I'm completely aware that Axl and Nu GNR have toured several times,...... but outside of the internet, what kind of promotion has the new band seen ? How many photos are there (offstage) of Axl and his nu band ? How many interviews have they done together as a unit ? Like I said, in most people's eyes (outside of the boards), GN'R has been dead and gone for years, and Axl Rose has become known as the crazy recluse who broke up the band and can't release an album.

bba

bringbackadler wrote:

I'd honestly be surprised if Baz's album sells over 15,000 copies. It'll probably sell about the same as a Warrant comeback album. Especially if the rest of the album is like the songs that we've heard so far.

I honestly think alot of you will be surprised at the low number of albums Chinese D sells IF it is ever released. Most people don't care about GN'R anymore. It's sad but true. If you think you are going to go to your record store on the day of the release and be standing in a line with people waiting to get their copy, I think you're sadly mistaken.

Piracy has alot to do with that, the fact that Slash and company aren't on the album will play a role as well.  The major factor will probably be that to most of the general public, GN'R hasn't really existed since the early 90's. I'm not saying that as a diss to the new band. I'm completely aware that Axl and Nu GNR have toured several times,...... but outside of the internet, what kind of promotion has the new band seen ? How many photos are there (offstage) of Axl and his nu band ? How many interviews have they done together as a unit ? Like I said, in most people's eyes (outside of the boards), GN'R has been dead and gone for years, and Axl Rose has become known as the crazy recluse who broke up the band and can't release an album.

bba

The days of standing in line waiting to buy an album are long gone, when has that even happened in recent years that is a rediculous standard for any band of today to live up to anymore.

Also, GNR has gotten alot of publicity believe it or not in 2006, when Axl came back on the scene he and the mention of his band was in most every paper and mag and he was a presenter on MTV so inadvertantly they have gotten alot of press, 2007 not much at all but with Axl being on Baz's album and Baz speaking about it so much, there is some of the publicity right there, I do think now more people outside of the net know that GNR isn't old GNR.

Be it as it may what people may think/assume about Axl now and his ways, when Axl does what he does best, people may pay attention more then you think.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I'll be waiting outside the store on the morning CD is finally released. In fact, if they do release it, I'll even organise an queue with my friends just for nostalgia's sake! Queuing in line starts now!

I have only heard the radio version of BITS. I might buy the album just to give Baz a fair run. I like people that make an effort.

AtariLegend wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

Most people don't care about GN'R anymore.

The quality of the music will make a difference...

Scabbie wrote:

I have only heard the radio version of BITS. I might buy the album just to give Baz a fair run. I like people that make an effort.

not to mention the record was funded out of his own pocket.   to download these and not buy them is a pretty fucked up thing to do.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

AtariLegend wrote:

Almost every song post AFD needs Dizzy....

I disagree.

I think Dizzy Reed as a whole has brought very little to nothing at all to the band so far. I think Axl could have played his parts, or they could have been removed altogether, and the song quality would have still remained.

I don't know about you, but I could have lived without him headbanging in the background to the Garden of Eden video. Also, if the rest of his contributions are anything like Silkworms, he can keep them.

bba

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I think the album will do ok. I would guess the 20k mark as well. Based on the sales other releases have been getting. Other then these boards, I don't see this album moving more copies because of Axl's involvement. I think whatever promotion Bach can go out there and do is whats gonna move copies.

There are people on this site that have said they are buying it just because of Axl.

Board footer