You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: "Chicken Dinner" Shackler's Revenge Leak

gnfnraxl wrote:
faldor wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

So whats changed?

One would hope that when RB2 is released Axl or GNR will come out of hiding and actually start doing some promotion...if not I think we can forget CD again for this year

SR will be treated the same way Oh my God was.  Axl will say it was an unfinished demo by December of this year.

So Axl just decided to hand over an unfinished demo for a huge video game?  That makes a lot of sense.

I clearly see you're frustrated and expecting the worst.  I can't change that.  The song MAY not be released as an official single, it MAY not signal the start of official promotion for CD.  You've obviously decided this already.  I'm willing to wait and see.

By the way, you can pretty much rule out a GNR appearance at the VMA's (for anyone who actually believed that was possible).  With Slash being a presenter, Britney Spears opening the show, and Kanye West closing the show.  That doesn't leave much room for Axl and the gang.

Would you believe Axl handed in an unfinished demo for the soundtrack of a movie?  Me neither and that is what he said when he saw Oh my God got bad reviews.  He said it was an unfinished demo.  I'm not frustrated I just know what to expect.  And if you don't believe me for the Oh my God thing.  The quote is out there.  Sic may help.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I have heard that Axl said that.  Never saw it for myself.  I guess you have a point if that is in fact true.  Though I could argue that that was nine years ago when the album was far from complete, let alone even started.  It's done now, so that excuse wouldn't hold any water, not sure it would in the first place.

Did Axl really say that?  There's gotta be more to that story.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Apparently so.

Axl further talked about 'Oh My God' and how that was just in a demo tape which the management insisted be put on the Arnie soundtrack which Axl said ok to hesitantly.

This is from a review on the 12/29/01 show in Vegas. No bootleg has surfaced so far, which is unfortunate. Therefore Ax can't be quoted in verbatim.

Those meddling kids also put an experimental edit of a Better demo to a Harley commercial. Nothing new under the sun.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Nah...people said that after nothing happened in 2003...then 2007....they can blow it over and over and people will always be interested in the return of Axl....GNR were that big in the day that they can get away with it!

Dude, NO ONE is interested at this point outside the core diehard fans.

They blow this, no one will even accept his phone calls without Slash present.

Bank it. 21

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I'm bored with this song now. I don't think it holds up well with repeated listens. I still don't think this is single material.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Acquiesce wrote:

I'm bored with this song now. I don't think it holds up well with repeated listens. I still don't think this is single material.

I thought this song sounded a lot better after 15 listens than one. But I haven't heard it in about a week, so I can't say how it really stands up. I usually let the leaks sit still after a week or two of constant playing. So when the next leak comes, it all sounds fresh enough. Only ones I really wore out were 06 versions of Better and TWAT.

faldor

faldor wrote:

I still love the song, but like CC, I haven't listened to it all that much THIS week.  The first couple weeks I'd listen to it multiple times daily, but I've lessened quite a bit since then.  Not because I no longer like the song though.  I love "Breakdown" and "Rocket Queen" but I certainly don't listen to those songs on a daily basis, not even close, maybe monthly at best.  Can't wait for it to surface, for real when Rock Band comes out.

faldor

faldor wrote:
sic. wrote:

Apparently so.

Axl further talked about 'Oh My God' and how that was just in a demo tape which the management insisted be put on the Arnie soundtrack which Axl said ok to hesitantly.

This is from a review on the 12/29/01 show in Vegas. No bootleg has surfaced so far, which is unfortunate. Therefore Ax can't be quoted in verbatim.

Those meddling kids also put an experimental edit of a Better demo to a Harley commercial. Nothing new under the sun.

I'm an Axl apologist an defender, so take what I'm about to say with a grain of salt.  I believe him and don't think it's so hard to believe that management forced his hand to release "Oh My God" on "End Of Days".  That was back in 1999, pretty much when Axl and company started working on new material, so obviously that song was quite fresh off the presses at that point.  Heck, we're here nine years later and the album is only now finally finished.  Axl has an entire different timeframe than any of us.  In his words he was forced to tour in 2002, and 2006.  It would only stand to reason that OMG was forced out in 99.  And I think I heard people mention how he talked the song up before it came out or after its release only to turn that around after the public didn't exactly accept it with open arms.  Well, if it was forced out, I'm sure he was under orders to talk the song up and not say, "yeah it's a rough demo, it's really not that good.  They're forcing me to put it out". 

Again, I know my opinion is hugely biased, but so are some of the people who believe NOTHING that Axl says.  So there.

And I wonder if "Oh My God" would've been a bigger hit if it was on a soundtrack to a GOOD movie instead of that crappy film?  I think the movie bombed much worse than the song did.

Oh, and in relation to "Shackler's Revenge" and present day.  It's not 1999 anymore.  It's 2008, and it's been confirmed by people in the bands camp that the album is FINISHED.  That would mean to me that there wouldn't be any logical reason to put out a demo on a video game. 

I'll play the devil's advocate though before anyone else does.  Fast forward to 2012 when Axl says he was forced to finish the album in 2008 and put out a rough demo of a song on Rock Band. 

If that happens, I'll have to stop believing in Axl.  But as for now, I BELIEVE!!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I know that Oh My God has grown ALOT on me through the years and SR is alot like it to me.

Oh My God is a very good song.  Shows Axl evolving while still keeping a little bit of the old sound.  I've always liked it.  But your post proves that SR will be given the same treatment by Axl.  SR is not a bad song.  But it very far from the sound of GNR and not everybody will like that.  It's ok to evolve but getting too far away from your sound can hurt.  Personnally I like SR but I've played it to a friend who loved GNR and he hated the song because he says it doesn't sound like GNR.

Faldor it's not that I don't believe anything that Axl says.  Just that when it comes to CD or songs he recorded since 1998 like Oh my God I don't believe him anymore.  The guy has cried wolf way too many times for me to believe him.  It's your prerogative to believe him for the Oh my God being a demo.  But no movie company would put a demo on their soundtrack.  Plus OMG doesn't sound like a demo.  So I ain't buying the horse manure that Axl tried to sell.  But that is my prerogative as well.  *lol*

Board footer