You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: The Reason Behind The Delay Of "Chinese Democracy"....?

NY Giants82 wrote:

Hmmm.... Call me naive, but I buy it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Hmmm.... Call me naive, but I buy it.

The thread's got a little diluted. Buy what? That the label is the only thing holding it up now?

Yep, I think that could be the case. Of course, we have every reason in the world to think it is being delayed because of Axl, but for some reason, I believe its in the label's court now.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah and Baz Hyping it could be for that too. Like add some pressure to the label maybe? OR maybe thats a conspiracy theory!! LOL

But does make u think too, if Axl was holding it up - wouldn't he ask baz to shut up?

Its not like there wouldn't be business issues to sort out.

I hope it is business stuff tho, cos in the end that can always be worked out. Cos the label is going to want to make $ and the band wants to get the CD out there...so soon we should see some progress.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

thing is that its taken so long already and the industry is in a state of turmoil ...whats the rush now?

things dont look good sad

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Well at least the band aren't booking any more gigs. seems to me they're serious about getting it out.

I don't think the masters are with the record company, but I do think that they are due to make the next move.

But I still can't believe there's been all of this mixing and mastering going on somewhere and yet there's been no rumours, leaks or talk of where the project is.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

Scabbie wrote:

Well at least the band aren't booking any more gigs. seems to me they're serious about getting it out.

But I still can't believe there's been all of this mixing and mastering going on somewhere and yet there's been no rumours, leaks or talk of where the project is.

Just because they aren't booking gigs doesn't mean that they're seriously about releasing this album. They weren't booking gigs in 2003, 2004, and 2005, and now here we are just a couple months from 2008, still with no release date. Hell, they even cancelled gigs a year ago just so they could get the album out.  roll

The fact that there has been no new leaks is a good indication that this album HAS NOT been mixed and mastered yet. I hate to say it, but I believe we are a looooong ways away from seeing this album surface.

Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

bba

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Just because they aren't booking gigs doesn't mean that they're seriously about releasing this album. They weren't booking gigs in 2003, 2004, and 2005, and now here we are just a couple months from 2008, still with no release date. Hell, they even cancelled gigs a year ago just so they could get the album out.  roll

The fact that there has been no new leaks is a good indication that this album HAS NOT been mixed and mastered yet. I hate to say it, but I believe we are a looooong ways away from seeing this album surface.

Hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.

bba

Fair point. I think you can go round and round and round with GN'R and not get anywhere

Does anyone know whats really going on?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer