You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Last FM launches Rock Band 2 site--will play Shackler's Revenge

buzzsaw wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

That thread is so epic. GN'R arrives at radio and Beta, Axl, Howard, Jarmo, Del and Slash are the only ones replying. 14

It really shows the state of mind of the internet base. Azoff has a lot of bridges to rebuild.

I still don't understand why the general public's response surprises anybody.

It isn't the general public. Its the hardcore base doing that, which is troubling on several fronts.

Well--it's a loud minority of fans, who have major issues.  They join GN'R boards, and hang out on them, only to attack the band and other forum members.  Their lives must be absolutely pathetic.  I have no issue with disagreeing about art, but to post non-stop 24 hours negative garbage indicates a true, mind-boggling mental illness.  Most fans just read the boards, seldom posting, scanning for news.  It's only a song.  When it becomes a conduit, or outlet for buried anger, there are problems.  I try to ignore these knuckleheads, as god knows what their motives are.

It's an equally loud minority that loves all of the new music.  The same complaints you have about the people that hate it apply to those that love it unconditionally.  Kind of ironic, isn't it?

Sky Dog wrote:

I am with you Bright. People take the pathetic loudmouth assclowns spewing the same shit daily for the past 8 years as true realist Gnr fans. No they're not...they are fairly disturbed individuals who get off on being in a fight. Rather be in a fight than have no attention at all. It is fairly sad. Seriously, I can't stand Scott Weiland and pretty much don't like any song Slash has created since 1991. However, I choose not to be a buzz kill for his fans or Scott's fans or whoever. (I will sometimes make snide comments, but for the most part) I DON'T CARE!!!!... and if I don't care or don't have anything useful to say, I SHUT UP. Music isn't worth all the negative energy. This GNR fanbase borders on idiotic sociopaths. Simple as that.:flame::flame:

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Well--it's a loud minority of fans, who have major issues.  They join GN'R boards, and hang out on them, only to admire the band and other forum members as long as they feel the same way that they do.  Their lives must be absolutely pathetic.  I have no issue with agreeing about art, but to post non-stop 24 hours positive garbage indicates a true, mind-boggling mental illness.  Most fans just read the boards, seldom posting, scanning for news.  It's only a song.  When it becomes a conduit, or outlet for buried love of all things Axl, there are problems.  I try to ignore these knuckleheads, as god knows what their motives are.

FTFY

Sky Dog wrote:

and Buzz, to your point, it goes in both directions. These boards are as far away from reality as you can get. The public will decide on their own and our constant ramblings are meaningless in the big picture.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

James, please edit if needed--but I would say over 60% of the general public's comments are positive on both of these links.  Also, folks, keep in mind, posting the song on Stereogum, and asking for their viewers' opinions, is like doing an online poll for Obama on Sean Hannity's website--the results would be skewed.  Surprisingly positive responses to this:

EDIT: Links removed.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

I am with you Bright. People take the pathetic loudmouth assclowns spewing the same shit daily for the past 8 years as true realist Gnr fans. No they're not...they are fairly disturbed individuals who get off on being in a fight. Rather be in a fight than have no attention at all. It is fairly sad. Seriously, I can't stand Scott Weiland and pretty much don't like any song Slash has created since 1991. However, I choose not to be a buzz kill for his fans or Scott's fans or whoever. (I will sometimes make snide comments, but for the most part) I DON'T CARE!!!!... and if I don't care or don't have anything useful to say, I SHUT UP. Music isn't worth all the negative energy. This GNR fanbase borders on idiotic sociopaths. Simple as that.:flame::flame:

I don't know (or care) if you were referring to me specifically, but I'll respond anyway.  For you it was just music.  And because of that, you'll never understand how I feel or why I feel the way I do. 

I can't speak for others, but for me, GnR helped shape (and save) my life and gave me a passion for something other than all the bad things that were going on in my life at that time.  GnR represents a lot more to me than the music.  I could relate to a lot of the things he sang about and those songs still remind me of what I was going through in life at the time those songs were out.  GnR represents a time in my life where I could have gone down a road of self destruction and probable death or down a road of getting my life straightened out and becoming a successful human being - that is why I am so passionate about the original band and their legacy.  I'm sorry if my passion for the band is upsetting to you or you don't understand it.

Sky Dog wrote:

I understand.....it wasn't directed at you...at all. Read my next post, I said it cuts both ways. It's the overtly negative and the overtly postive.

3-17-91   my mother died of cancer. I was 24. Parents divorced when I was 15, Dad an alcoholic. Just graduated from college. No clue what I was going to do with my life. A couple of crazy relationships.

UYI was huge. But, that was a long time ago and the songs don't mean the same now. Music, while VERY important, takes a back seat to life and taking care of my daughter..:/

Bright Eyes 2005

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

I don't know (or care) if you were referring to me specifically, but I'll respond anyway.  For you it was just music.  And because of that, you'll never understand how I feel or why I feel the way I do. 

I can't speak for others, but for me, GnR helped shape (and save) my life and gave me a passion for something other than all the bad things that were going on in my life at that time.  GnR represents a lot more to me than the music.  I could relate to a lot of the things he sang about and those songs still remind me of what I was going through in life at the time those songs were out.  GnR represents a time in my life where I could have gone down a road of self destruction and probable death or down a road of getting my life straightened out and becoming a successful human being - that is why I am so passionate about the original band and their legacy.  I'm sorry if my passion for the band is upsetting to you or you don't understand it.

Buzz totally with you there, and glad they did save your life!:)  Now, understand, that as that was a time in your life, that was a time in Axl's life.  I feel many are so passionate about him, and I still believe you are, is that he is real in a way that many artists are not--he intimately shares his own personal fuck-ups.  Now you have changed, and so has he.  I understand, you may not like the new sound--and that is cool as all art is subjective.  But, respect that Axl has moved on as have you, and he is staying true to himself and his art--not just repackaging something to sell more records.  It may not be commercially successful, but I believe he has stayed true to his muse.  Does that make sense?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The general public does not post at Idolator or LastFM or here or YouTube. The general public will decide how this version of GNR fares, and they don't get their say until something official hits the streets. RB doesn't necessarily reflect the general public either, but it's a good start.

Bright Eyes 2005

bigbri wrote:

The general public does not post at Idolator or LastFM or here or YouTube. The general public will decide how this version of GNR fares, and they don't get their say until something official hits the streets. RB doesn't necessarily reflect the general public either, but it's a good start.

I agree to an extent, although in the developed world, the levels of people online now are over 50%.  Moreover, those buying music are more likely to be visiting Idolator, Last FM, or Youtube.  Also, Appetite was an album driven to the top by 12-18 year olds when it came out--it spoke to that age group.  Guess what, 12-18 year olds are gobbling up Rock Band and Guitar Hero, as well as millions of downloads of rock bands they are getting into, as their hormones rise as fast as their chemical intake and experimentation.  Them getting into the new-Guns is critical to it's success.

Board footer