You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Re: Ghostbusters III (Murray is IN!)

Axl4Life wrote:

Good god not Steve Carell. I thought Ghostbusters III was going to be an animated movie, least thats what I heard with the original cast doing the voice acting. I say if they want to make more Ghostbusters movies remake the first two. The special effects were terrible back then, and with todays technology it could be a hell of a lot better. But I wouldn't be keen on getting a new cast and the old cast is well...too old to do it now. No one could replace Bill Murray, but if they plan on doing this, they better find a damn good replacement.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I loved Murray's idea of him being in it, but only if he was a ghost. Genius, and opened up a ton of potential in terms of comedic plot line.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

It's going to suck without the full cast and especially Murray's involvement. They are just making the film to squeeze more money outta the brand and not for the fans who loved the series.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Ugh.  I'm not paying to watch old Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis crack out bad jokes while Michael Cera and Jonah Hill are trying to potraying younger ghostbusters.

Murray's probably right on skipping this shit.  Even though he did do two Garfield films for whatever reason.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

Couldn't say it any better than this really.

RussTCB wrote:

[b]

It’s still hard to be too enthusiastic about the film, although we’ll happily be proved wrong. It just feels like a project happening for the wrong reasons. We’ll wait and see how it turns out…

Me_Wise_Magic

RussTCB wrote:

I totally agree on not having Murray. I also loved that idea Murray had about being a ghost.

It'll take a miracle to make the franchise succeed without Bill.

I'm sure he could of found a way to pull that ghost role off if the studio executed properly. I'm already losing interest day by day as this gets made without the full team.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

I think it would be a big mistake on Bill's part to do it anyways, especially now at  this stage of his career. Not because of his age but because, he has completely reinvented himself as an actor, thriving in more dramatic based roles, and at the ripe old age of 62, in 2012, that is quite an accomplishment. I say props to him to for staying away. No matter how good (or bad) Ghostbusters 3 is, the GB legacy is already set in stone. Don't fuck with it. Let the franchise R.I.P. (pun intended)

Me_Wise_Magic

A4L2.0 wrote:

I think it would be a big mistake on Bill's part to do it anyways, especially now at  this stage of his career. Not because of his age but because, he has completely reinvented himself as an actor, thriving in more dramatic based roles, and at the ripe old age of 62, in 2012, that is quite an accomplishment. I say props to him to for staying away. No matter how good (or bad) Ghostbusters 3 is, the GB legacy is already set in stone. Don't fuck with it. Let the franchise R.I.P. (pun intended)

THIS!

Board footer