You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Ghostbusters III (Murray is IN!)

RussTCB wrote:

removed

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Bill Murray is back on board the Ghostbusters 3 movie

This is AWESOME!!!! 5

Ashton Kutcher, Seth Rogen and Vincent Kartheiser have been suggested as cast newcomers - and possibly the faces of the new Ghostbusters

This bit, not so awesome... 18

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Yeah Seth Roger is hit or miss for me when it comes to his brand of humor. Ashton on the other hand and the other guy...I can't see as a Ghostbuster or doing good in this movie at all.

With Bill back on board I have some hope that the movie will be tolerable or really good if everything is executed correctly and of course the great humor and effects are there. It's been so long; so hopefully there is chemistry with the team again. I want GB3 to succeed; but as a true conclusion, new beginning, and not just a cash in for these legendary stars involved. I want to see some damn effort. I knew from that Zombieland cameo, that Murray couldn't deny the Ghostbusters fan any longer. 16

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Lost In Translation [...]

I'd take a sequel of this over Ghostbusters any day. Still one of the best movies I've ever seen and quite happy to admit that I cry like a baby everytime I watch it, in fact it's about the only thing I can recall making me cry in last decade 14

Will go see Ghostbusters 3 and hope its as good as the previous films but cant say Im that hopeful, with or without Murray. The Special FX will obviously be much improved, and sometimes a modern reinvention of an old franchise can be surprisingly well done (eg. Rambo) and other times not so much (eg. Indiana Jones), but I don't know if this is being made for the right reasons or just simply cashing in a guaranteed cash cow hmm I suspect the latter sad

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I thought Indy 4 was a pretty good film in my opinion. Despite a bad rushed ending and Lucas having way too much control and the bad CGI. Everyone else seemed in top form and it was a fun film to watch. Just a couple bad scenes. I've seen worse film sequels/prequels. Attack of the Clones and Terminator 3 come to mind.

But yeah after the success of the merchandise and some of the GB video games, cash cow is definitely the term to describe this sudden forward momentum of the film.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm worried about the passing it on to younger guys aspect.

Fark, why is our society so youth obsessed? It's not like the plot line of Ghostbusters was ever that they were 4 hunky italian models, or 4 ultra-buff CIA trained killing machines! They were a bunch of nerds running around with toys fucking up and saving the world from supernatural stuff. Just maybe they COULD be OLDER nerds doing the same thing!!! (Gasp!).

The "pass the torch" movies always fuck up. Take Indy4 - harrison was pulling off indy looking old. Why can't indy be a guy who even as an old man got mixed up in some shit. Why do characters need to eternally be 25-35 or whatever. At least Indy is an action franchise...

But Ghostbusters...they already did the angle of them being all washed up in GB2...god knows how self conscious they'll be about them being older in this film.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
RussTCB wrote:

Yeah, I'm dead on the middle of the fence about this.

I don't hate GB2 as much as many others do, but we'll see how it goes with this. I think Murray's attitude going forward might tell us a lot. If, as the project progresses he's excited about it, I'd bet it'll be good. If we hear little to nothing from him or he's negative about it, I'd be it'll be a steaming pile.

Funny you should mention GB2, I remember seeing it a while ago on tv and enjoying it and wondering why there was that much hate for it.  Of course, I had a VHS tape of it and watched it several times while growing up, so that probably doesn't hurt.

Like others, I'm not down with that younger Ghostbusters part of the script.  And yeah, I think part of this should focus on how much older they've gotten although not in a "they're washed up" sense.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't know about this article, but I read another article last night that said Murray was still out, and that Dan Ackroyd was pushing forward.

In fairness, i'm not closely following this.

AtariLegend wrote:

In case anyone didn't follow this too closely afterwards. They decided to go a worse route than just a reboot with Ashton Kutcher ect. with an all female reboot instead without any subtlety.

I'll let others comment first while I try not to bleach my eyes.

Board footer