You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: rock band 2 xbox 360 leaked

gnfnraxl wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Sounds like (by the silence) that GNR is gonna let another opportunity fly by without taking advantage of it. Typical.

They definitely should've striked the iron while it was hot.  Now it is warm at best.  And when RB2 comes out it'll be too late. The album should've been released no later than a month after RB2.  Te casual fans and players will soon forget about SR.  Axl lost a golden opportunity for sure.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i disagree and am surprised so many feel that way.

news of the pending release of sr to a video game isn't a hot iron, but a luke warm one.

the video game coming out and people hearing, reviewing, rating, and reporting the song is the time to make it available for sale/download and announce the release date of cd.

if nothing happens by monday it's time to rule out '08

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

By Monday?!?! That's like 3 days, because you don't announce stuff on the weekend. 08 flew out the window last month.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

there's still more than two months before november 25th. strategically speaking, monday is there chance to make some sort of move. if they do not, then the cd flies out the window.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:

who cares...it will never come out

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Sounds like (by the silence) that GNR is gonna let another opportunity fly by without taking advantage of it. Typical.

Far from it. It's a game leaking! Every game leaks, good thing is hardly anyone download and pirates these games in comparison to those who download music. All the major annoucements will be when the game is released for retail. If that flies by without anything then fine. But silence over a video game leak isn't unusal. Few companies even acknowledge it(In fact none that I can remember do). There's no reason for GN'R to start talking because the game has leaked, wait till the release.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

As long as GN'R execute a release within now and the end of the year, they're still in the window of promotion. Remember, this is JUST the XBox360 version. There's still the PS3 & Wii versions down the line, as well as the big special edition instrument packs and all kinds of shit that's gonna be whored out BIG TIME come November/December for the holiday shopping season.

If anything, the Rock Band 2 promotion will get BIGGER further down the line, than right now.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

I was all psyched to go out and buy RB2 this weekend, but then I found out that it's just the game-only version that's coming and now I'm going to have to wait until October to get the set with the new wireless drums and guitar.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
war wrote:

there's still more than two months before november 25th. strategically speaking, monday is there chance to make some sort of move. if they do not, then the cd flies out the window.

I've been saying this for a long time.  If we don't get a release date by Monday you can forget 2008.  I know I have.  And I'll even say I'm not counting on 2009.  Only thing we MAY get in 2009 is a statement from Axl saying SR was a demo.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't know why everyone is in panic mode. I own a PS3, and so do alot of people. We can't even get this game or the bundles yet, neither can XBox folks.

Nothing is lost here. The big Rock Band 2 push will happen at Christmas, starting with Black Friday in November, which would be a damn good week to put out CD.

Board footer