You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N Roses on Universal Music Group Release List

tejastech08 wrote:
downliner wrote:

Tommys a rocker through and through. He was out touring whilst Axl was still in school not getting pussy 14 It may not make him a "rock star" but he's paid his dues and the lack of respect he gets shown by GNR fans is disgusting.

The Mats were never commercially successful. Partly because the more the fans egged them on the more they purposely fucked it up for themselves. Given the choice between any GNR record (incl. Chi Dem) or an old Mats album I know I'd pick Mats any day of the week.

Just my $0.02 of course smile

So if you were shipped off to an island and told you could only choose one album to own and it would be a choice between those 2 artists, you'd say "no thanks" to Appetite? Wow.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Funny, I know quite a few people in Europe and Scandinavia who are die-hard Mat's fans.  I guess they are nobodies.   I have some pretty kick-ass video of Frank and his band (i'll let you figure it out since you know it all) performing to fairly big crowds, who were rabid, in Europe.

When I said 'nobody' I meant that out of 1,000 people less than 5 will know him. Or only one. You are lucky and special to know Mat's fans. Almost the same goes for Pixies, although (in Europe) much more people know and like them than The Replacements.  wink

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Let it Be, Tim, and Pleased to Meet Me are three of the best rock albums ever made.  It's subjective, so you cannot blame someone if they would prefer one of those albums to Appetite.  Nor vice versa.  Really, GNR fans need to check the re-mastered, reissues of these out.  Brilliant albums--i would start with Tim (here is a song from it--listen to Stinson's trademark bass):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0p7mhu4w0

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Not impressed. The vocals and guitar work suck. Tommy is pretty good though.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Not impressed. The vocals and guitar work suck. Tommy is pretty good though.

Agreed.  The vocals seem very weak to me, and i'm not impressed by the writing.

This is the band you are saying is better than GNR?  You say this record is better than AFD?  Okay, where's the proof? 

But thank you for helping us prove our case that GNR is better than the Replacements.  5

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Let it Be, Tim, and Pleased to Meet Me are three of the best rock albums ever made.  It's subjective, so you cannot blame someone if they would prefer one of those albums to Appetite.  Nor vice versa.  Really, GNR fans need to check the re-mastered, reissues of these out.  Brilliant albums--i would start with Tim (here is a song from it--listen to Stinson's trademark bass):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap0p7mhu4w0

I didn't say who's better although I prefer AFD over anything else (but NIN's The Downward Spiral and Tori Amos' From The Choirgirl Hotel are very close wink). I'm sure that Tommy is ar fom the rock star status though. It doesn't tell anything about his abilities, although I don't think he'd be too talented. Didn't like his solo album, not impressed by the leaks and the Replacements stuff I've heard. Music is subjective. But I'll check out the remastered versions you mentioned 5

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

The people that love Tommy's only claim is the replacements influenced alt rock.  Well, alt rock is what we have and it sucks, so good job and thanks a lot.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The people that love Tommy's only claim is the replacements influenced alt rock.  Well, alt rock is what we have and it sucks, so good job and thanks a lot.

To go along with what buzzsaw said...

If the Replacements influenced so many people, mind giving us a list of other huge bands they really influenced.  Not talking about bands saying, "oh, the Replacements, yeah i like em", i mean people citing them as influences.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't exactly be proud to have influenced the likes of the Goo Goo Dolls, who in turn influenced the crap that's so popular today (Fallout Boy, etc.). But this kind of thing happens a lot in music history. Led Zeppelin was probably the biggest influence on hair metal, which is one of the worst genres ever.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Yeah I wouldn't exactly be proud to have influenced the likes of the Goo Goo Dolls, who in turn influenced the crap that's so popular today (Fallout Boy, etc.).

But FOB fucking OWN everyone EVER in the history of music EVER!

ROCK THE FUCK ON!!!1!!!! !!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Board footer