You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Re: Guns N Roses on Universal Music Group Release List

Big Gun wrote:

hey man, i like infinity on high.:haha:

the killers are releasing their new album on the 25th of nov and a new single next week. if gnr were going to release CD in nov i believe the promo would have started. i'm still waiting till early october before i write off this year.

i have a feeling that if this album is not released this year i dont see it being released at all. i mean how long can negotiations go? the 'golden manager' hired at the begining of the year would have done something by now.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Big Gun wrote:

hey man, i like infinity on high.:haha:

the killers are releasing their new album on the 25th of nov and a new single next week. if gnr were going to release CD in nov i believe the promo would have started. i'm still waiting till early october before i write off this year.

i have a feeling that if this album is not released this year i dont see it being released at all. i mean how long can negotiations go? the 'golden manager' hired at the begining of the year would have done something by now.

Universal most likely has given their final offer, and any additional negotiations are being done in vain.  The list at the beginning of the thread maybe a tentative schedule, as nothing is set in stone.  I would be shocked at this point if this comes out, or is scheduled prior to a reunion.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

doesnt matter how many years ive lurked on forums, at the end of the year it always ends up the same old story.. people got excited with a leak or 2 or with some news, talk of album release dates, general "hope".. and it always ends up the same.. end of year no news nothing.. its a joke that after all thats happend in the last xx years or so we dont have any more idea than we did of whats goin on

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

So if you were shipped off to an island and told you could only choose one album to own and it would be a choice between those 2 artists, you'd say "no thanks" to Appetite? Wow.

I'd have trouble choosing between Let It Be and Tim. Appetite wouldnt even be considered.

Not that I dislike Appetite obviously, just prefer the Mats.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The people that love Tommy's only claim is the replacements influenced alt rock.  Well, alt rock is what we have and it sucks, so good job and thanks a lot.

Comments like that really make us Guns fans look like arrogant little fucks so thanks a lot!

Sky Dog wrote:

Saikin, Nirvana was heavily influenced by the Replacements and Pixies. The title Nevermind is ripped from a Replacements song on Pleased to Meet Me called "Nevermind". Is Nirvana good enough for you? I was actually going to apologize for my comment last night, but now...no. Battles lines are drawn. Westerberg shits on Rose and the only guy in Gnr who comes close to matching how cool and talented Tommy is is Izzy. Bob Stinson had more punch and balls than Slash ever had. The original Gnr was a great great band, but in the end, they simply don't have as many quality songs as The Replacements do. The Replacements from 81-87 were a better rock outfit than Gnr 87-91.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

some of these comments are rediculous. i am the first to admit that sales does not define the quality of music but really, it is one of the only "objective" ways to do so. Everything else is opinion. Right now you guys sound like you are arguing over your favorite colors and which ones are better. if you want to debate using music theory while comparing axl and gnr to the replacements go for it but so far none of you seem to have the knowledge to do so.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't like the Replacements. I'm not going to call them talentless, I'm not going to say they have no influence on music, I'm not going to say they weren't successful. I'm just going to say I've never liked a song by the Replacements.

I like Guns N' Roses. I won't call them Gods, I won't say they were the most important band of their era, and I won't say they were the biggest band in the world. I'm just going to say I love a lot of songs by Guns N' Roses.

Sky Dog wrote:

so do I.....needless to say. It is a subjective opinion. Both bands are great and unfortunately, we are just splitting hairs.....trying to slice the cheese too thin.

Board footer