You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

Re: Guns N Roses on Universal Music Group Release List

mickronson wrote:

too many fans get too defensive when an "artists" name is mentioned.  they can take care of themselves, they aint gods either.. grow up...

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
downliner wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The people that love Tommy's only claim is the replacements influenced alt rock.  Well, alt rock is what we have and it sucks, so good job and thanks a lot.

Comments like that really make us Guns fans look like arrogant little fucks so thanks a lot!

It's not arrogant.  The music today sucks.  I'm not a Nirvana fan, I'm not a mats fan, and as far as I know, I'm not a fan of any band they supposedly influenced.  It is what it is.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
downliner wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The people that love Tommy's only claim is the replacements influenced alt rock.  Well, alt rock is what we have and it sucks, so good job and thanks a lot.

Comments like that really make us Guns fans look like arrogant little fucks so thanks a lot!

It's not arrogant.  The music today sucks.  I'm not a Nirvana fan, I'm not a mats fan, and as far as I know, I'm not a fan of any band they supposedly influenced.  It is what it is.

Welll Actually you are as Axl went to great lengths to get replicate I.E rip off the drum sound from never mind for chinese democracy. He even wanted dave grohl to play on the song CD.. That makes NU Guns n Roses influencees of Nirvana...And makes your previous statement wrong.....You do like new gnr don't you. That is why you are here am I correct?       13:butt:

Sky Dog wrote:

I would have used the word ignorant.......and The Mats', like Gnr, are straight up rock and roll.

why all the arguing over what bands are better than other bands,when you think about it it doesn't really matter.I come on this board because it's a Guns board and no other reason,I don't come on here to read stuff about other bands and I could care less if someone thinks one band is better than another.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Some of you are so narrow-minded, unaware that The Replacements are arguably the most influential alt. rock band on the planet, and that Tommy Stinson, is more respected and recognized in a certain groups of rock fans than anyone from GNR.  BTW, the Mats have been steadily selling large volumes of records for twenty years.  Moreover, their recent reissues have been doing very well.  Most rock/music fans, ones who follow music and buy music, know who Tommy Stinson is--for that reason alone, he is a rock star. He may not be a celebrity like Slash or Axl, but he is a famous, recognizable, rock star.  If you are a member of The Replacements, GN'R, and founder of Bash and Pop and Perfect, you are a god damned rock star.   

Saying Tommy Stinson is not a rock star, is like saying that Frank Black is a nobody.  Wake the fuck up people, crawl out of the GNR cave, and check out some other caves (no pun intended Plato).

BTW, the question now isn't if a reunion is happening, it's when are we going to find out and if they have an album ready or in the pipeline.  Some info came to light, from certain "Name Brands" (LOL) which indicated something is happening, or everyone with Axl's best interests in mind are trying like hell to save his ass.  Slash and Duff work with Azoff (he's their manager)--it is no coincidence they are defending Axl.  They love the guy, and want to reach out to him.  They realize they shouldn't have left, and feel guilt that they let him slip into a hole at his house surrounded by sycophants , and did not stick around to pull him out of it and keep him grounded.  Axl is a vulnerable, fairly innocent guy, who just happens to be very talented and extremely insecure.  Old school friends, workers, and mentors are trying to get this guy back--and help him succeed and be happy.  That is all I am going to say, as I am now inferring things, based on small tidbits of info.  I would deduce, though, this is some of what is  happening.

I sure hope that isn't how they approach it "to get Axl back". If they go in there, and basically make him feel like he's been brainwashed, he's gonna burrow down into his classic 'GN'R wouldn't be here without Paul Huge or Beta' shtick.

Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
Big Gun wrote:

hey man, i like infinity on high.:haha:

the killers are releasing their new album on the 25th of nov and a new single next week. if gnr were going to release CD in nov i believe the promo would have started. i'm still waiting till early october before i write off this year.

i have a feeling that if this album is not released this year i dont see it being released at all. i mean how long can negotiations go? the 'golden manager' hired at the begining of the year would have done something by now.

Universal most likely has given their final offer, and any additional negotiations are being done in vain.  The list at the beginning of the thread maybe a tentative schedule, as nothing is set in stone.  I would be shocked at this point if this comes out, or is scheduled prior to a reunion.

Universal has given their final offer, no doubt in my mind. The question now is when Axl will accept it as the final offer.

The 'negotiations' most likely are, Universal will release CD, after a reunion is announced and I assume touring is planned. They have to get back their $13 million dollar investment, and THEY KNOW the only way to do that is a reunion. There's no way to do it with a new band, and they don't really give a fuck what Axl's issues are, they give a fuck about their money. Which is totally understandable.

Axl has to realize at this point that he has NO platform to stand on with negotiations anymore. He's a washed up has been in their eyes, that's wasted their money. He has no way to negotiate anymore, because the name - W. Axl Rose - doesn't mean hardly anything anymore.

CD = 21

In some weird ass way.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
downliner wrote:

Welll Actually you are as Axl went to great lengths to get replicate I.E rip off the drum sound from never mind for chinese democracy. He even wanted dave grohl to play on the song CD.. That makes NU Guns n Roses influencees of Nirvana...And makes your previous statement wrong.....You do like new gnr don't you. That is why you are here am I correct?       13:butt:

No, you're not correct.  It's hard to claim to be a fan of a band that doesn't really exist.  The song CD (in demo version) sucks in my opinion.  Perhaps a small part of that is the drumming. 

It's probably best that you just don't reply.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm a fan of them because I like what I've heard and seen between the demos and the concerts I went to.

Yeah but Russ.  Be honnest.  You're mostly a fan of what GNR did in the past.  You can't be a fan of quote Nu GNR unquote.  They haven't released anything.  Sure like you I've seen them live and they were good.  And I do like the demo, but until they release anything I've always said that they are nothing more than a tribute band with the lead singer of the band they are paying tribute to.  Sad but true.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Actually you're wrong bro. Take it from someone who used to say EXACTLY what YOU just said a thousand times over.

For the first time ever there's actual evidence to support a theory for a GN'R reunion being the works. The first time - EVER. It might be wishful thinking, but to say right now out there, there's nothing at all that points to a reunion is narrow minded.

I'd go so far to say there's more that points to a reunion, then there is evidence that points to CD actually getting released.

What's this evidence you guys are talking about? I don't see anything that points to a reunion. On the contrary, all signs show we're about as far away from a reunion happening as I've ever seen.

And for the record, I became a fan of GNR again when I heard Robin, Tommy and Buckethead were in the band. The old band really had nothing to do with my interest in the new line up. And the new songs sold me. So I agree with Russ, here.

Board footer