You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: First single is If The World? (theory)

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Mysteron didn't say Shackler was going to be the first single.  He said something along the lines that, the band hopes for it to be the first single.  I don't remember the exact quote, but I'm quite certain he didn't say it WOULD 100% be the first single.

Apparently "If The World" isn't going to be on the soundtrack, so I'm not so sure it'll be released as a single after all.

Dude why do you nitpick Mysteron's statements to bail him out of being discredited?

"the band hopes to have it be the first single"

that is exactly the following...

"Shackler is the first single"

And if he's wrong, then for the 900th time he'll be proven an invaluable source.

I'm not nitpicking, just saying he didn't say it would be the first single.  He said the band was hoping it would be the first single.  Here's the exact quote.

The band are hoping to have 'Shackler's Revenge' as their first single and they are also hoping to have the new album out this year. I know this falls in the 'vague' category but is all I can give right now.

Is it possible the band wanted Shackler's as the first single but got overruled?  Hasn't that happened with other bands before?  I mean it's possible.  I know you like to discredit Mysteron and say he knows nothing and all.  I honestly don't know much about him, but I certainly don't know enough to jump on him for lying or misleading us.  Maybe you know more about him than I do.  I'm just going by what I read.

Anyway, it looks like neither Shackler's or ITW will be the first single.  At least that's how it appears from here.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Dani California is a rocker?

jesus

I guess FNM's "Easy" must be a fist-pumping sleazy arena rock anthem.

Dani California is definitely a rocker compared to some of RHCP's other big hits recently, including Scar Tissue, Californication, etc. Dani California has some pretty kickass guitar work during the latter part of the song.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:

i like the song, but idon't like that axl rhymes the word "me" with "me"....6 times!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Mysteron didn't say Shackler was going to be the first single.  He said something along the lines that, the band hopes for it to be the first single.  I don't remember the exact quote, but I'm quite certain he didn't say it WOULD 100% be the first single.

Apparently "If The World" isn't going to be on the soundtrack, so I'm not so sure it'll be released as a single after all.

Dude why do you nitpick Mysteron's statements to bail him out of being discredited?

"the band hopes to have it be the first single"

that is exactly the following...

"Shackler is the first single"

And if he's wrong, then for the 900th time he'll be proven an invaluable source.

I'm not nitpicking, just saying he didn't say it would be the first single.  He said the band was hoping it would be the first single.  Here's the exact quote.

The band are hoping to have 'Shackler's Revenge' as their first single and they are also hoping to have the new album out this year. I know this falls in the 'vague' category but is all I can give right now.

Is it possible the band wanted Shackler's as the first single but got overruled?  Hasn't that happened with other bands before?  I mean it's possible.  I know you like to discredit Mysteron and say he knows nothing and all.  I honestly don't know much about him, but I certainly don't know enough to jump on him for lying or misleading us.  Maybe you know more about him than I do.  I'm just going by what I read.

Anyway, it looks like neither Shackler's or ITW will be the first single.  At least that's how it appears from here.

I have nothing personal against Mysteron, I just know his game. Does he have SOME kind of contact? Yes. There's been rumors over the years, he runs the website.

It's just he's been wrong before, and he intentionally words things, just like you picked up on, to bail him out of being discredited. "The band HOPES to have it be the first single". 99% of the world is gonna take that as - "Shackler is the first single".

I just don't automatically buy the guy's statements, and alot of the time it seems preconceived by him how to create contengency words in his statements, to bail him out of any possible discrediting.

If he truely does know it all, and everything, at this point his vague statements are pretty damn obvious to anyone with a brain, and he should probably just shut up from now on until a PR comes out.

I personally think Shackler or something else will be the first single. I'm having a hard time believing If The World will be the first single.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Do you think Shackler & If The World will be on the album russ?

Some bands release songs exclusively to soundtracks, and they never see a release on a soundtrack or by the band themselves.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

When the songs mentioned they always add "from Chinese Democracy".

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

When the songs mentioned they always add "from Chinese Democracy".

Chinese Democracy isn't an album.  It's a recording regime that's existed for about 15 years.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I think they mean the album. Look at the Shackler and If The World articles. Either the writers make up that the songs are from the "forthcoming album, Chinese Democracy" or they did some research and were told the tunes will be there.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

This album is gonna be very very weird.

Shackler's and If The World couldn't be more different.

Board footer