You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: First single is If The World? (theory)

war wrote:

i just find it hard to beleive it won't happen this year considering the facts:

1-best buy has a fourth quarter/holiday season prep for upper mangement
2-gnr managment is there and plays three gnr songs for the group

I see people's skepticism due to no announcment so close to nov. 25 but the album already has a ton of hype and promo from many different sources. i saw one theory on another board that intrigued me about avoiding the album leaking by doing it this way.  maybe we'll  see it on a best buy commercial when the christmas tv ads really kick in.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
war wrote:

i just find it hard to beleive it won't happen this year considering the facts:

1-best buy has a fourth quarter/holiday season prep for upper mangement
2-gnr managment is there and plays three gnr songs for the group

I see people's skepticism due to no announcment so close to nov. 25 but the album already has a ton of hype and promo from many different sources. maybe we'll  see it on a best buy commercial when the christmas tv ads really kick in.

I agree wtih you on this. With all the Best Buy (and Dr. Pepper) shit going on, I just can't believe they can escape from releasing it anymore. November seems very unlikely at this point though, but a Christmas release is still possible. It's really now or never. If Axl can't get his shit together, then the album(s) will come out as a boxed set with no promotion and will be labeled as the biggest clusterfuck in music history. It can still happen though.

Sky Dog wrote:

actually, I would LOVE to see it come out as a boxed set and don't give a shit about album sales, etc....the more music the better.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Who says Axl's in control anymore? I don't think Andy Gould would be running around playing finished tracks at Best Buy employee con's if the album's release wasn't imminent.

I agree that the window for a 'big promoted' release is closing, but GN'R ain't exactly breaking attendence records for their most recent tours. I think alot of fans assume the release of CD will be promoted like the Illusion albums were.

It won't.

And don't give me the 'sales'/'proper release' argument. The days of the big promo are over. Bands release albums all the time on iTunes with barely no money to their name. Times have changed. GN'R are the same band that announced a North American tour in 2006 - 3 WEEKS BEFORE IT KICKED OFF. Less than a month.

I wouldn't be shocked if CD was announced around Halloween, and still released Thanksgiving week. This album might move some units, but if some of these people are expecting people camping out for midnight sales... get ready to be disappointed. Even if CD was released as a four-album box set, it would be met with "so they finally released that thing" and then "who cares".

The only people that'll be their on release day, money in hand, are the same people who post on GN'R message boards, go to infrequent concerts, and sit back and think Axl's the greatest frontman in the world, and is actually RELEVANT to society still.

I still think there's a GREAT chance this thing could be released this year. People just have to understand, it ain't 1991, and this ain't Illusion III.

Chris has a new myspace site.. www.myspace.com/chrispitman

Some music up on there..

he also says: Watch for the new movie 'Body of Lies' featuring a new GNR song 'If the World', written by Chris Pitman/ Axl Rose. And soon to be released Worldwide Album by SexTapes, so LOOK OUT!. Also performing live in Los Angeles. Sign up and we will send you the dates Also watch for the new record by Guns N Roses!

Thanks to Nytunz from HTGTH.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … 108180#new

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

it's another small but irrefutable sign that it is near regardless of the acual date

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

So "if the world" is a pittman song? Well I'll be damned, is this myspace for real?

TheMole wrote:

is this myspace for real?

Yes.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

Think back to summer 1991. GNR released "You Could Be Mine" as a single for T2. But, when YUI came out in September the first official single was "Don't Cry". We could see the same formula here, with "If The World" being released as a pre-cursor single as apart of a film, and once the record comes out we will have a different single to back it's release.

Board footer