You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

tejastech08 wrote:

There better be a good reason that one version is $13.99 and the other is $19.99.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Interesting idea Monk, but I think that idea would go over like a wet fart to the diehards.

As for Vinyl's, God bless those that still love them, but I don't have a record player, and I don't collect, so I don't have any reason for a Vinyl.

So for me, i'm hoping it's something different, like a DVD/CD set. There's the theory of three albums, but then again you could have a situation where on the CD/DVD releases that the tracklist is the same, artwork is different, and the actual DVD material is different for each of those releases.

Maybe on one you get like a GN'R concert from 2006-07, one you get exclusive videos before they hit VH1/MTV, and the other is a Making of chronicle. Something to force the diehards to buy all three.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Is it wrong for me to not fully believe this?

After all these years, i'm still in that whole 'i'll believe it when i see it' mentality.  Too many times of getting my hopes up for nothing to just accept even these blatantly obvious facts.  16

It's going to be an interesting month.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Totally agree Saikin. I've actually waited to tell friends & family about this (they know i'm a GN'R nut), because i've been burned before.

Finally today, after the SKU's surfaced, I worked up the courage to once again go out on a limb and say "CD is going to be released next month".

I would just feel much better about ALL OF THIS, if GN'R were to put out a press release.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Totally agree Saikin. I've actually waited to tell friends & family about this (they know i'm a GN'R nut), because i've been burned before.

Finally today, after the SKU's surfaced, I worked up the courage to once again go out on a limb and say "CD is going to be released next month".

I would just feel much better about ALL OF THIS, if GN'R were to put out a press release.

Would that even solidify it though?

Even if GNR made a statement saying that either Chinese Democracy is released November 23rd or Axl will suffer a major heart attack causing a huge chain reaction of mini blackholes coming into existence and swallowing the whole universe, i would still have my doubts. 

I went out a limb as well and told my friend it's coming Sunday, Nov 23rd... and EVEN went as far as making plans with him to go get it, especially if it's a midnight release.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well there will be no midnight releases. That just won't happen. It would have to be massive in scope, considering the amount of Best Buy's all over the country. The only reason it was reasonable in 1991 with the Illusion's was because of the extreme demand for the release.

CD will not fly off shelves folks. It will sell well, very well, but this will not be 1991-revisited.

But I remember businesses locking in a November date in 2001 (no album), I remember the infamous "13 Tuesdays" in 2006 (no album), Axl's actual given release date (no album).

So when you say not much water can be held with the GN'R camp anymore, you've got a point. I don't know why I even find it important anymore.

To me the heaviest evidence is Andy Gould running around with finished tracks and playing them at Best Buy employee con's.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Fuck GN'R. I want something from Best Buy and Universal. Axl has no credibility with me, not after all the stunts he's pulled throughout this mess, including the bullshit "letter" to the fans about it coming out in March 2007.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That was Axl's "reaching out" letter. How dare you.

You, you... you're gonna get in trouble for that!

j/k wink

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

If I met Axl in person, I would tell him, "You have a great, unique voice and you're one of the best frontmen ever in a rock band. However, I think you're a lying asshole." And I'm sure he'd agree with my assessment of him.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Earl might not.

Board footer