You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

Re: If the World / Body of Lies

bazgnr wrote:

Sorry if this belongs elsewhere...didn't seem to fit with the "first single" thread.

I just got back from Body of Lies, and "If the World" starts to play during the *final scene* of the movie, not during the end credits.  There's dialogue going on overtop of it initially, and it's only a short segment of the song that plays rather than the full track.

It's essentially intro, chorus, VERY short verse, chorus, and done.   By the time the credits begin to roll, new music plays.

I'm not sure if the full track plays later in the credits, but I doubt it.  If I'm incorrect, I'm sure someone else will clarify.

Obviously, it was very cool to hear new GnR blasting from the surround sound.  Everything was clear, and sounded great.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

That's cool that it is at the end of the movie rather than the credits. IGN has an article about it:

http://music.ign.com/articles/916/916983p1.html

Sorry if it's already posted in the other thread.

GNRBABY

GNRBABY wrote:

did it sound the same as the leaked version?

bazgnr

bazgnr wrote:

It goes without saying that the sound quality was much better, but it's hard  to compare, since it was a edited, shorter version of the song (Probably no longer than 2 minutes in all).

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

That's cool that it is at the end of the movie rather than the credits. IGN has an article about it:

http://music.ign.com/articles/916/916983p1.html

Sorry if it's already posted in the other thread.

That article should be getting more of our attention. It's very well written and favorable, as opposed to all the nasty scraps we get thrown.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Also agreed. I thought the song would be ripped to shreds. Even I didn't care for it much when I heard it. Kind of reinforces Axl's comment that there will be something for everyone. You could hate Shackler's with a passion but totally dig "If the World".

Nice to see such a positive review 8/10.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

I AM GOING TO GO SEE THE MOVIE NOW, HOW LOVELY WHEN I GET BACK IF I AM NOT AT -10 YOU'LL PAY LISTEN TO WHAT I SAY

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

just saw the movie. yes, it's at the end of the movie but by the time everyone gets up to make their way to the end of the aisle and down the stairs and around the corner they have the heard the entire minute plus of the song. the problem i have is that they cut the first verse down to one line and nothing else(other than the rest of the song). if you want people to recognize that this is a gnr song feel free to leave axl's raspy parts on and cut out the second chorus or something. oh well, it's definitely more finished sounding but could still sound better on the home system.

Board footer