You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: Chinese Democracy Starts on Best Buy.com

NY Giants82 wrote:

Yes! A music video is in the works. Wonder for what song?

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I havea funny feeling That this will be a Smashing pumpkin type thing. Different coversart/color containg different bonus songs. Good idea to make a buck off hardcore fans.

I'll be so pissed if we're forced to buy 3 versions to get all of the tracks.

russtcb wrote:

I just pre-ordered six copies of Chinese Democracy.

3 CD, 3 vinyl.

Wait until they go on sale! tongue

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Damn, once again. This is actually happening. It still feels like a dream.

I just hope and pray that they put specific bonuses with each album to make it worth while to purchase it all.

I'd hate for it to just be 2-3 extra tracks per version, and nothing else, ala Smashing Pumpkins.

Plus what I want to know is what does "Best Buy Version" mean? So are you telling me that Best Buy will have 3 'EXCLUSIVE' versions, and then they are going to turn around and release 3 versions AGAIN to regular stores that will differ from the "Best Buy Version"?

Seems excessive for the same exact album contained in all versions.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I know this is a completely different scenario, but when Contraband was released with the 3 different covers that was the only difference right?  There weren't different bonus tracks off each disc, correct?  I bought just the black cover and didn't get any bonus tracks, as far as I know.  Not sure if I would've bought the different versions if there was more to it or not, but I certainly would for GNR.  Of course I hope the incentive is worth it.  Not sure the different packaging alone would do it.  It has been 15 years though, so it might.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah contraband was the same album with 3 different color packs. Then a latter release with a bonus disk.

I expect the same here. The Best-Buy CDs could be all identical except for the art. Then the non-exclusive release latter on could change. Just a guess!

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

If they each have their own bonus tracks like people are suggesting, I'm not buying them all.  I'm paying for the product, so whatever doesn't come in that one package is coming from bittorrent.  Just the way it goes... I don't buy one burger with cheese and another with pickles.  I buy one burger with cheese and pickles.  If I can't get a cheeseburger with pickles I get them separately and add them myself.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Backslash wrote:

If they each have their own bonus tracks like people are suggesting, I'm not buying them all.  I'm paying for the product, so whatever doesn't come in that one package is coming from bittorrent.  Just the way it goes... I don't buy one burger with cheese and another with pickles.  I buy one burger with cheese and pickles.  If I can't get a cheeseburger with pickles I get them separately and add them myself.

I feel the same way. I will probably buy the album based either on which has the cooler cover or on which has the best special feature, in which case I'll download the special features from the other two.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

As a long time Gunner, and a die hard, I can honestly say there's no fuckin' way i'm buying all three of these if there's not some extra incentive other than different art.

I'll just pick my favorite artwork, and go with that particular version.

I simply don't believe that's the case. If the rumors are true, and Best Buy bought 3 million copies of CD, assuming 1 million per version, Best Buy has to feel from a business standpoint that each of those versions can move 1 million units on their own merits.

With downloads "in", CD's "out", we are far removed from 2004 and VR's Contraband. I really think GN'R is going to have to do something to these versions, other than artwork, to entice casual & fan buyers alike to 'collect them all'.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I just pre-ordered six copies of Chinese Democracy.

3 CD, 3 vinyl.

They seemed to have removed cover c, so will you get all three?

Seems to be lots of last minute changes going on.

Also Genre is now 'Rock'

Board footer