You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: First single prediction

Axlin16 wrote:

Didn't Axl say once that CD, Madagascar & Street Of Dreams were all B-sides?

I don't think B-sides get released as singles.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

I was reading his open letter tonight and he also assured fans we'd hear a tentative release date ASAP. We're a month away from an album coming out and have heard it from everyone but them.

I'm gonna give Axl the benefit of the doubt, though, because it could be said he doesn't want 2006 all over again. It's a lot easier to not be a dick to him now (not saying he doesn't deserve it) that the record is really coming.

I will say this, though, if the album doesn't come out this time after an official announcement (even if he were to use the "not a lie nor a guarantee" business), I will not purchase it if it has the same tracks. If it was delayed a few weeks or whatever - fine, but months and months... I'd be done with it. I wouldn't bash it or anything; I'd just be done with it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Didn't Axl say once that CD, Madagascar & Street Of Dreams were all B-sides?

I don't think B-sides get released as singles.

you dont name albums after b-sides either 16

anyway...back to winkler there...wow...you can actually post half decently if you set your mind to it...who woulda thought so?

of course this site has a smaller base, thats the whole point, we made it so there would be a place to go when you couldnt handle dealing with the big sites and some of their posts any more

as for it being like AFD2 i think you are pointing the finger at the wrong place dude cuz i dunno anyone on here who wants a regression back to 1987

in fact i have been known to complain about he blues and catcher being too close to the old bands sound. i always felt that if they were gonna move forward with a new band then a new identity should be forged...lets forget the "it should be an Axl Rose solo album for a minute" my favorite tracks thus far are TWAT, Maddy, IRS followed by Better and Riad...notice somethign there? those songs sound nothing like anything gnr has ever done..which is the way i think it should be

now lets go back...it should be an axl rose solo album...you know why? cuz peopel will compare it to WTTJ, and SCOM ... and Slash ...and the posters like you are gonna either be sheltered from the reality of the situation and be none the wiser...or your head will explode from the comparisons

anyway there are a few good songs for singles on the album based on the best buy tracklist..i'm sure axl and management will pick one that suits modern radio...and if its marketed right it'll do well.

as for gnr never catering to the masses...you gotta be kidding...gnr was a record companies wet dream they were the perfect combination for huge success...hence the $13 million cost of CD and the unlimited amounts of setbacs we've had to endure to make this thing come out "just right"

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Well Blind Melon's Soup album didn't even have the title track on the album.

I'm sure that whatever they'll pick will be a good choice.

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

Great point.  We can pick this apart to death, but I don't see a wrong answer.  Regardless of what they pick there will still be the both sides of the fence argument.  There are the die-hards, the old band lovers, and the casual listener.  The key is to hook that casual listener.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

ereeper wrote:

Well Blind Melon's Soup album didn't even have the title track on the album.

Should've. Soup's a great song.

But I think Chinese Democracy has to be on the album, it's a true rocker and a lyrical gem. Also, it's the perfect opening to the album.

To saikin, if the intro was music, keep it, but it's not. A single version could just start with Bucket's acoustic thing before Robin rips into the riff.

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

Oh, I'm in agreement.  I want CD on the album and the opener is the best spot.  The funny thing is I dreaded this song when all we had were live versions.  Once we got the studio, it was a whole new track.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Chinese Democracy, although i'm not saying the song is as good, is an amazing opening track for an album, ala Jungle & Civil War.

The song is lightyears better than Right Next Door To Hell & Reckless Life.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

see that argument doesnt really do anythign for me Axlin08

i consider reckless life and RNDTH among the worst of the gnr catalogue...and you think CD is the best single for this album

so basically that statement says "well i think CD is the best track on the new album and its not as bad as the worst tracks from the old band"

it doesnt really sell the album for me ya know? hmm

Board footer