You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Guns N' Roses Best Buy promotional ads

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No you did great Bri. I really hope it's true.

I want Bucket back more than fuckin' Slash. If in some ways that 2002 band, but with Axl's 2006 voice can be recreated - this will be the greatest band on earth again.

Agreed.  Axl, Brain, Buckethead, Tommy, Bbf, Dizzy, Pitman, and Fortus would be quite the combo on stage.  The amount of talent in those guys is quite increadible.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Love those harmonies at the start of video number 10. Sounds like this album is going to be a fun listen at the very least.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Well no one claimed Bucket's back; let's hold our horses. I was focusing on the info coming "in the coming days" part. Don't know how that got misunderstood. But I agree with ya to an extent.

I'm sorry. My post was misleading. What I was wanting to convey was that you did good making the post, and Saul is someone I have believed, and continue to believe in the past, unlike the Mysteron's of the world.

I ended up mixing my own theory with your post. You're right, let's not jump the gun.

Arcade Roses wrote:

My word, this reply is so venomous towards Buckethead... it just defies logic (literally... like the comments about Saul being a 'nobody' who is 'speculating', basically.  The woman cannot be reasoned with.

As BH himself says... the music will do the talking.

I don't care if this is Bucket's webmaster or the guy who cleaned up the dog shit that he left in GNR's studio. It's not a credible source.  Do not post random rumors and speculation on our forum.

I would have hoped that the whole Shackler's debate should have woken up people to the fact that Ron plays a huge role on the album. He played all the guitar solos on that song - even though all the Bucket worshippers insisted for weeks that they "knew" Bucket was playing on the track. They were wrong. 

Do not post this random rumor again.

Man, this almost makes Jarmo (*cringe*) look normal.

The BH haters are gonna look silly in a month... maybe a few days.:D

AR

Oh yeah, absolutely. That reply is not shocking at all. I apologize to GNREvo for talking other forum business, but I really feel passionate about this one, becaue it's PRECISELY what brought me to GNREvo. I don't even see this behavior out of Jarmo. But the pure hatred towards Bucket at MyGNR is downright sickening. I remember posts over there of "Who's Better? Bumble or Slash" and the thing would go for PAGES. But if you posted "Who's Better? Bucket or Bumble?", Madison would lock it, and issue you a cease & desist PM along with a warning for talking about 'former Gunners'.

What her dumbass and people like her are going to be embarrassed about is when Ron and Bucket BOTH are all over CD... and Robin is gone. That's been a theory of mine for a while that Ron re-created alot of different stuff, but "I got this funny feelin'" that Bucket's stuff is intact, and Ron recreated other artists stuff, mainly Robin.

I love Bucket as a player, but there's almost a part of me that begs to see him return, just to shove it down the throat of people like her.

James Lofton wrote:

It had to be a Bucket dominated disc. Majority of the record also has demos in circulation that feature Bucket. Also, all these songs date back to that era. We're getting zero new songs from the post Bucket era. Of course he's all over it.

Axl and Bucket will reap the most benefits from Chinese Democracy, regardless of whether someone recorded over his playing.

Great great point. This material has been out there for awhile. We've heard all of 11 out of 14 tracks from the album, and This I Love has been in the works since the Illusion-era. I do think Ron & Frank will make big contributions, but any of the songs that they have 'worked' solely in their time, probably won't show up until future albums.

In 2007 Baz was talking about GN'R working on "The General" I believe, to which Axl said would be on the 'third' album sometime in 2012. Granted "The General" has been a title in the works for awhile, but it just goes to show that circa 2007, GN'R were currently in-studio working on material from the THIRD new album. They were already way past the first.

What we get on CD, and possibly CD II will be material that has been in the can or 95% complete for years, thus the heavy work of Bucket & Brain still remaining. We might not truely see the contributions of Ron & Frank gradually until the third and maybe fourth album, and that's IF the whole new band thing keeps truckin' along. 3

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Just a theory:

If there's some kind of personel issue in GN'R right now, it would certaintly explain the 'wait' to release official info from the band.

When they drop it, they want to let everyone know the shit about the album, and also tell everyone we've got this '(new) lineup', and they plan to tour.

If that is occuring, it would certaintly explain the strange silence.  Just a theory.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

It would be all fine and dandy with me who is on the album or wrote it - but of course I'd love the active touring band to represent the creative forces as much as possible.

I'm not into nunchucks or buckets - but he is a creative powerhouse, that's for sure. Whatever is best, is best.

If that's not Bucket than it's just what it is. If he's in, okay, as long as it works!

Crusades for and against players will always backfire, I think.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I tend to think these have been produced for TV specifically because:

a) they mention the U.S
b) they are specific to Best Buy which as far I'm aware, most parts of the world do not have

So if it were just a general internet promotionally campaign, surely it would have general global reach as opposed to just the US?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Just a theory:

If there's some kind of personel issue in GN'R right now, it would certaintly explain the 'wait' to release official info from the band.

When they drop it, they want to let everyone know the shit about the album, and also tell everyone we've got this '(new) lineup', and they plan to tour.

I was thinking it could be something liek that too. Confirm the release date officially, and announce tour dates for the band. Maybe they're trying to work out if Robin can come back to tour or if he should be replaced.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

for some reason, now things are finally coming together, I am confident this is going to be a success of sorts.

I could never say that in the past. Perhaps it's the Best Buy exclusive that almost guarantee's face saving credible sales, perhaps it's the faith I have that the material is pretty strong.

I think by and large though, it's the fact that the way this is being marketed (quite deliberatley I'd wager) does not preclude the chance of a re-union and minimises the chance of CD tarnishing the past legacy and future sales.

Smart

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I agree. I think this will be sucessful as hell from those adds. The material sounded kickass like that too. I'm pretty excited!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer