You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Guns N' Roses Best Buy promotional ads

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here.

This is from Saul over at buckethead.tk.

"Look for a shitload of new info in days. A certain masked man is about to be a worldwide sensation (well, more so then he all ready is!!)

Exciting times for Bucket fans and GNR fans.

(p.s. - B is ALL over the album - and even songs he isn't fully 'featured' on - he still pretty much created the music for) "

Not sure where he gets his info from, but he has Bucket insiders all over his board. Could be from anywhere.

James Lofton wrote:

It had to be a Bucket dominated disc. Majority of the record also has demos in circulation that feature Bucket. Also, all these songs date back to that era. We're getting zero new songs from the post Bucket era. Of course he's all over it.

Axl and Bucket will reap the most benefits from Chinese Democracy, regardless of whether someone recorded over his playing.

defniately what saul has to say is interesting and he's been preaching that for a while...and while bh is "all over the tracks" did he actually write them? now this thread's discussion kinda ties back to sic.'s thread in my mind it appears that maybe BH wasnt as involved as we were led to beleive hmm of course its just speculation on my part

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

God, it'd be amazing if Buckethead and Brain returned to the band. Nothing against Ferrer and Ron, they're great guys... but if we had the 2002 line-up touring with Axl's 2006 voice (and Axl and Finck looking like the fucking rockstars they did in 2006, instead of the freakshow look they sported in 2002), I would literally explode with happiness. big_smile

Picturing the look on madison's face would also be hilarious... smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

When I listened to the ads again this morning, it seemed evident to me that the CD solo is re-recorded. To me re-recorded = Ron playing.

Over robin's part or buckets?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

whatever part ron did in 06-07...i would assume BH

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I believe Ron will have re-recorded most of Robin's parts and done some new rhythm work, too. Fortus is basically a live player only. This is going to be a Bucket/Bumble disc. No matter what the haters claim to hear, Buckethead owns the material we've heard so far. Will he return to GN'R? Maybe that's what the hold up is on the "official" press release. Robin ain't coming back, I can pretty much guarantee you that.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

rolling stone has covered this, although they claim that they are fake cause they were taken down.

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/i … -internet/

also, they are back on youtube. several people have uploaded them.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q … type=&aq=f

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
von Solo wrote:

I believe Ron will have re-recorded most of Robin's parts and done some new rhythm work, too. Fortus is basically a live player only. This is going to be a Bucket/Bumble disc. No matter what the haters claim to hear, Buckethead owns the material we've heard so far. Will he return to GN'R? Maybe that's what the hold up is on the "official" press release. Robin ain't coming back, I can pretty much guarantee you that.

I agree. Robin is a touring guitarist, always has been, and Trent & Axl both run their bands the same way.

At least with Trent, Robin can regularly work.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Axlin08 wrote:
von Solo wrote:

I agree. Robin is a touring guitarist, always has been, and Trent & Axl both run their bands the same way.

At least with Trent, Robin can regularly work.

Eh? He's been the longest-serving member of the new band. He wrote Better. And without seeing the songwriting credits for the album, you don't know the extent of his contribution. His guitar work defines songs like The Blues, TWAT and Better. He's not just a "touring guitarist".

Board footer