You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses Best Buy promotional ads

RussTCB wrote:

removed

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
russtcb wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I agree. Robin is a touring guitarist, always has been, and Trent & Axl both run their bands the same way.

At least with Trent, Robin can regularly work.

Eh? He's been the longest-serving member of the new band. He wrote Better. And without seeing the songwriting credits for the album, you don't know the extent of his contribution. His guitar work defines songs like The Blues, TWAT and Better. He's not just a "touring guitarist".

I never view him that way and I certainly hope things change when this leg of the NIN tour is over.

Amen

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
von Solo wrote:

I believe Ron will have re-recorded most of Robin's parts and done some new rhythm work, too. Fortus is basically a live player only. This is going to be a Bucket/Bumble disc. No matter what the haters claim to hear, Buckethead owns the material we've heard so far. Will he return to GN'R? Maybe that's what the hold up is on the "official" press release. Robin ain't coming back, I can pretty much guarantee you that.

I agree. Robin is a touring guitarist, always has been, and Trent & Axl both run their bands the same way.

At least with Trent, Robin can regularly work.

Eh? He's been the longest-serving member of the new band. He wrote Better. And without seeing the songwriting credits for the album, you don't know the extent of his contribution. His guitar work defines songs like The Blues, TWAT and Better. He's not just a "touring guitarist".

We'll see, but that's all he's ever been to NIN.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here.

This is from Saul over at buckethead.tk.

"Look for a shitload of new info in days. A certain masked man is about to be a worldwide sensation (well, more so then he all ready is!!)

Exciting times for Bucket fans and GNR fans.

(p.s. - B is ALL over the album - and even songs he isn't fully 'featured' on - he still pretty much created the music for) "

Not sure where he gets his info from, but he has Bucket insiders all over his board. Could be from anywhere.

Yes, I'm quoting myself. Don't doubt Saul. He knows his shit.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Lookin on the popflashproductions website (that hosted the promo clips) i looked at the main pages "Tour" and theres a pic of rooms with their setups and stuff, now is it me or is this our old redhead friend

tour.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Looks like it. But what does it mean?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I think Robin will be back and I think his work will stay in tact on the album.

Robin shouldn't come back. Man I saw new Gn'R live and NIN live and there is no comparison. Robin fits so amazingly well in NIN and what they're doing live is so much more excitng and interesting. I don't know. It just seems to me being in NIN would be a hell of a lot more fun and rewarding at this point in time.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'll admit the short promo clips kind of excited me. If I had seen that on tv without any knowledge of what was going down I'd likely shit myself.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
mickronson wrote:

Lookin on the popflashproductions website (that hosted the promo clips) i looked at the main pages "Tour" and theres a pic of rooms with their setups and stuff, now is it me or is this our old redhead friend

http://www.duffydack.karoo.net/tour.jpg

Where in the picture?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the big wide screen tv above the computer? and on the lap top to the left?

Board footer