You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N' Roses to release Chinese Democracy single

tejastech08 wrote:

Anyone seen this?

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/10 … r-aga.html

Read the user comments. It's getting absolutely lambasted. LOL.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

Buzz, you are being a bit of an ass....you made your point 20 posts ago.

Oh, so I get singled out in this?  Would that be the case if I was posting over and over how great it was?  I didn't think so. 

Too bad.  Skip the posts if you don't want to read it.  I will respond when spoken to, so politely ask people not to address my opinions...then I can state my opinion once and leave it at that instead of either defending my opinion or defending my right to have an opinion.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I think your username should be "BUZZKILL".  I do think you have the right to your opinion.

Bright Eyes 2005

tejastech08 wrote:

Anyone seen this?

On the other hand, look at what rock fans are saying:

http://www.923krock.com/GN-R---Chinese- … cy/3182599

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Anyone seen this?

That blog is loaded with trolls.

That Chris dude that wrote the article also knows nothing, and seems to half ass his report.

"Slash Who? Soloing" - there's nothing in that song that sounds even remotely close to Slash.

russtcb wrote:

My suggestion is that those who want to be positive ignore the posts of the one negative person.

You're totally right. I shouldn't have even bothered. I thought the guy was reasonable and could be helped, but he doesn't want to get it.

buzzsaw wrote:
madagas wrote:

Buzz, you are being a bit of an ass....you made your point 20 posts ago.

Oh, so I get singled out in this?  Would that be the case if I was posting over and over how great it was?  I didn't think so. 

Too bad.  Skip the posts if you don't want to read it.  I will respond when spoken to, so politely ask people not to address my opinions...then I can state my opinion once and leave it at that instead of either defending my opinion or defending my right to have an opinion.

Believe me Buzz, if this board had an ignore feature, you'd been on mine LONG AGO.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bright Eyes 2005

OK, now this makes sense--Jack Cafferty ripped this album on CNN because his son-in-law knows someone who knew Axl.  Then he directed CNN's whole audience to this poll, which is on CNN.com.  Jack instructed them to rip it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

OK, now this makes sense--Jack Cafferty ripped this album on CNN because his son-in-law knows someone who knew Axl.  Then he directed CNN's whole audience to this poll, which is on CNN.com.  Jack instructed them to rip it.

Jack Cafferty is a douche bag.

That'd be like O'Reilly telling everyone to boycott Dr. Pepper, because Axl said the N-Word.

A son-IN-LAW, who knows a guy, who knows a guy, who knew Axl, and said he was a jerk.

Well that sounds like reason enough for me to trash it. roll

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Tommie wrote:

For those that listen to Stern live, has he mentioned the song yet?

Stern never mentioned the song outright.  Fred did play "Paradise City" coming out of a commercial break though and Howard stated that he heard that Axl Rose was finally releasing the album, "Chinese Connection".  Artie Lange, corrected him.  He was half-joking, but he really didn't have any details.  Said he'd been working on it for 30 years and when it comes out no one will care because it won't be relevant anymore.  He did say, that it was too bad, showing that he would like to see the album do well.  He WAS a fan, he hasn't had the best of things to say in recent years, but who has?

Again, he based this on hearing NONE of the music, so obviously not a valued opinion.  I love Stern, think the show is great, but he is not one to take advice from when it comes to music or TV shows.  He's also running a comedic show, so I'll let the negative comments slide.  But it did kind of bug me that he said it wouldn't do well because it wasn't relevant anymore.  This after just last week, he got all pissed off at an LA Times article saying how HE is no longer as relevant as he once was, being on Sirius now not having as many listeners or getting "A" list celebrities.  I would've thought he'd be more careful saying a fellow entertainer, or their work, was no longer relevant.  Seemed a little hypocritical to me.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I had 4 friends send unprovoked texts today. I didn't mention a thing to them about new Gn'R being on radio but when they heard it they had to tell me haha. . Honestly two of them think it sucks big time and two of them think it's fucking amazing.  I just got off work so I have't talked to anyone about it yet. I think it's gonna get really mixed reviews

Board footer