You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses to release Chinese Democracy single

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

And ya know, to many of us who are flipping out over it talking about how amazing it is, we've been listening to "new-GNR" for a few years now. It has sunk in with us. It may just take some people a few listens to digest that this ain't AFD anymore.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

So, I've heard the song a few times. I really like the additions Ron made. I'm impressed by what he did. Those licks under the verses sound like vintage GNR to me. That's what was missing, that slinky playing.

I agree with those that say the intro has to go. It should either start with Bucket's plucking or Robin's riff for radio purposes.

I also don't care how it sells or charts, but it's getting the fuck played out of it today, so it has had it's chance. Go to any rock station web site for any city, and they are playing it, many once an hour.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

wow...you guys need to lay off the arguing here...so what some like it some hate it...what this board strives for is an even playing feild...we dont want a slant one way or the other we want a true cross section of the fanbase

bono said it best...its gonna get mixed reviews at best...and axlin08....cmon bad reviews are trolls and good reviews are ok? really.....we need to see al sides here to determine the ultimate success of the album...the same shit is happenign in every thread i'm gonna strat locking some soon if we cant keep on topic...

say your fuckign peice and move on no need to dwell and dwell on an off topic subject

opinions are like assholes...everyone's got one

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

wow...you guys need to lay off the arguing here...so what some like it some hate it...what this board strives for is an even playing feild...we dont want a slant one way or the other we want a true cross section of the fanbase

bono said it best...its gonna get mixed reviews at best...and axlin08....cmon bad reviews are trolls and good reviews are ok? really.....we need to see al sides here to determine the ultimate success of the album...the same shit is happenign in every thread i'm gonna strat locking some soon if we cant keep on topic...

say your fuckign peice and move on no need to dwell and dwell on an off topic subject

opinions are like assholes...everyone's got one

I want you to precisely go back and show me where I ever said any negative review is done by a troll.

Don't bother, because I didn't.

That EW site is loaded with trolls at the bottom, that are just rattling off nonsense, most of which doesn't have anything to do with the song.

The actual article doesn't have much merit, because the guy basically says the guitar licks sound like Slash. They sound nothing like Slash. Not even cloese, me and you both know that.

I never said anything of the sort, so don't give the impression I did.

When I see a legit negative review, that comes from an honest direction (non-fan), i'll let you know, and i'll give it the respect it deserves. Until then, i'll be on spin control.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Anyone knows if there will be a video for CD?

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

Well now that Negative-Nancy's gone....

I've heard nothing but great feed back about CD today. One of my employee's (who isn't a GNR fan) came to me telling me how he heard the song on his lunch break and loved it! On my way in to work the DJ on the radio said he would be playing CD again @ 2:20, so I made sure to take someone out to my car with me at that time for a smoke break. Guns got another fan out of that one.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

relax axlin08...nobody wants to read pages and pages of bickering..thats all...

we're gonna see the broad spectrum of reviews here in coming days/weeks/months and i'm sure we'll go thorugh them all..and jsut cuz one blog has some bad things to say doesnt mean we need to dismiss it..personally i wanna see how this album fares on its own without forum junkie influences...cuz it'll be the nonforum goers who make or break the sales for it

now is a happy time...we've  all waited a long time for this day lets not spend it fighting

ok? i;m cool with you you are a cool guy and a great poster...but buzsaw, russ, axlin08, war, drlove....chill all of you's lets enjoy this shit while we have somethign to enjoy...its been nigh time since we had something good happen

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, Neemo, i'm not pissed. In any way. It's more passionate than anything.

Like I said the other day, I think we all, here and at other boards have now offcially entered those "uncharted waters". Everything from here on out is gonna be first time experience, and emotions are gonna be high.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer