You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

Bono wrote:

Z99 central Alberta's rock station played the song 6 times over a 12 hour period on Wednesday. Over 9 hours yesterdy I heard it once, today over 9 hours I never heard it once nor did they mention it. Funny enough I heard PC once and Patience once.  Like I said I can't report what I don't hear or see. Here in Red Deer the song has gotten pretty poor reviews and has almost seemingly dropped off the radio's play list in ony 3 days. WTF?  I listen to the radio all day long in the ruck so this isn't a  case of bad timeing either.

I honestly think Better will do much better as a single than this song. I'm not looking to rain on anyone's parade. It seems a huge majority of people suddenly dont' want to hear the flip side. It's either "Everyone I talked to loves the song and they say why. People who don't like it didn't like it before they heard and have no real basis for their arguement". If that's not what you're going to post than you might as well keep your mouth shut? Is that what I'm understanding here?  Seriously if it's gonna be like that  than this place has lost all meaning of what the site is about.

Why the fuck would I come in here to twist thinsg to my view? Exagerate the negative side?  yeah after all these years that's exactly what I want to do. Try my best to bring you guys down.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm in shock that not one person I've talked to (GNR fan or not) hasn't said anything negative about the song and yet every person you talk to does. Law of averages I guess.

+1. Everyone I talk to digs the song.

Sky Dog wrote:

Nobody is gonna convince anyone else until it is nut cutting time. When the album is released and the cash registers ring, we'll know the true response to the "new " Gnr. You guys are just spinning around in circles with predictable comments from all known haters and all known nut swingers. It is just too predictable and that is why the band doesn't give two shits about us fringe lunatics. We are a small minority. We'll know the story on the popularity issue by the end of the year. I see no reason to argue it now. Radio play does not always determine sales. The Eagles did alright without a hit single. 22

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bono

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm in shock that not one person I've talked to (GNR fan or not) hasn't said anything negative about the song and yet every person you talk to does. Law of averages I guess.

And if you'd read I never said everyone I talked to thinks it sucks. I said the vast majority of them. The first day it was fairly split but as time went on(day 3 now) it's lopsided towards the negative. This is exactly what I'm talking about. I come in and say what I've heard and the moment I mention even one person not likeing it I'm exagerating the point. My God. I NEVER said everyone I talked to dislikes the song.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Ive a quick review of it in the classroom (17/18) and they love it, and they like SR too, BUT, they dont like Better OR Twat... whats the deal.
ok they are Romanian, but i need more of an explanation

Bono

Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

So far on my end everything has been positive and Im no nutswinger so I wouldnt lie to make the band look better.

Nor would I lie to make the band look bad which if nobody has noticed yet has really pissed me off that anyone on this  site would even suggest such a thing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Axl's not exactly a poular guy and some people will be far from objective when hearing this thing. There's plenty of people that think Axls a total prick and would love to see him fail and based off that alone will hate anything this band does, some of them in powerful media positions. There's people who will love everything this band does and you'll find most of those on these forums, emailing those in powerful media positions 16

In all seriousness Bono, who's saying the productions crappy? Besides the layering of vocals which I can see turning some people off, what's wrong with the production, it sounds fine to me?

As for positive/negative reviews I've yet to hear the thing on the radio myself but everything I've read in terms of comments from UK radio stations has been good, no word of a lie. Did anyone listen to the radio 2 link I put up a few pages back? That's a national UK radio station and I'm pretty sure the most listened to radio station in the UK (I might be wrong on that but if it's not it's in the top 3). CD got played on Chris Evans hit or miss feature and after the track played he said the overall response to it was excellent. They read some good responses some bad responses and then announced that overall the responses were excellent, a 'volcanic hit' he described it as, and he also said he liked it himself. Hundreds of people if not more will have texted or emailed in to that and the large majority liked it. Not saying that's going to represent the worldwide feeling on the song but it's encouraging news imo.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Bono wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

So far on my end everything has been positive and Im no nutswinger so I wouldnt lie to make the band look better.

Nor would I lie to make the band look bad which if nobody has noticed yet has really pissed me off that anyone on this  site would even suggest such a thing.

Bono my dude that wasn't towards you or anyone. I believe you 100 percent dude.

Board footer