You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Safe to say CD will go #1.

As for Maddy-Rio III, that Buckethead solo does not 'make the performance'. The band has to be firing on all cylinders imo to make a good performance. Axl's voice was shit, making the whole thing die. I can remember quite a few performances of Estranged where Axl's voice was great, and Slash fucked up the solos, and it took away.

Doesn't mean I call it a great performance 'cause Axl was "on".

There are just better performances of that song imo, Madagascar that is. Where Bucket & Axl both were kicking ass.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Top 10 requested songs of the week on KROQ. On it's 3rd day it seems to be doing really well. It wasn't on this list yesterday. big_smile

Kings of Leon    Sex On Fire           
Metallica    Cyanide            
Slightly Stoopid     2 AM            
Guns N' Roses    Chinese Democracy             
Incubus    Love Hurts            
One Day As A Lion    Wild International            
Paramore    Decode             
Rise Against    Re-Education (Through Labor)           
MGMT    Kids            
Hollywood Undead    Undead

http://www.kroq-data.com/music/mostrequested.asp

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Haha, awesome. I didn't think they played paramore on KROQ

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i called waaf in boston tonight and said "i may be the only one who says this but can you  play chinese democracy tonight?? and he said actiually there are a lot of people who have requested the song so it will def get on tonight.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Chinese Democracy was number 3 again on the Furios Five at 9 on KROQ. No movement

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

FlashFlood wrote:

i called waaf in boston tonight and said "i may be the only one who says this

thats the kind of attitude we need! neutral

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Now the song needs to keep doing well. It's riding a lot on people being curious. To say people are all negative is a downright lie. There are many positive reviews also, regardless of what I think of the song or others think of the song. I've seen more positive than negative, surprisingly enough because the song IS a gamble. It was never a big gun and it was never in my mind considered to be a single. If this song can be a hit, then all the songs can be hits.

The layer issue I might agree with...but it depends on whos listening.

Sky Dog wrote:

the instrumental layers are kinda cool...

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Agreed DCK.

I've let everyone kind of say their own thing, but I have yet to hear the 'wowness' of Madagascar at Rio III.

Seems to me the only reason people cream over it is because Axl played guitar.

People don't 'cream' over that version of Madagascar because Axl is on guitar. Hell, his guitar probably isn't even plugged in. The version is considered the best by quite a few fans because of that Buckethead solo. It never sounded as good as it did at that particular show.

Axl looked like an idiot playing guitar during that performance. 18 I think Axl sounds good on the vocals, the backup singing is nice....everything is just perfect and loose. Bucket's guitar before he breaks in to the solo is cool as hell as well. Nice subtle lines from Finck. Solid bass and drums. Now, the recorded version sounds stiff and the odd off key solo is buried way down in the mix. Not to mention the 15 different Axl's on the outro. Why not let Tommy, Robin, and Chris do the background singing?....bring more soul in to it. Maybe the final mix will be better because I really love the lyrics and general construction of the song.:|

Board footer