You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

Acquiesce wrote:

There is nothing wrong with fans supporting their fave bands. Radio stations usually can tell when people are calling/mass emailing as a part of a forum campaign anyway. It's certainly nothing new. I'm not sure how much these campaigns effect the momentum of singles, but I'd certainly like to see how music fans perceive it without the diehards trying to influence anything.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Hell no there isn't!!  That is what rock n' roll is all about!

They are getting ready to play it:

Request Line 1-816-576-7989

E-mail a request:

http://www.989therock.com/pages/223879.php?

Live Stream:

http://www.989therock.com/index.php

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm just going to request my local stations play it because I want to hear it in my car eventually. Sorry, not gonna call and email others. Don't have time.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

LOL, that 98.9 station played a shortened version of it. It started with the first guitar licks. The whole Chinese people talking part is cut out entirely.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Heard it twice. K-Rock played it at 11 and 2 this afternoon. Then playing it again at I think 8 and then 11 tonight.

The DJ said some people weren't happy with the direction but a caller called in and said its better than anything else on radio or something to that affect.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm just going to request my local stations play it because I want to hear it in my car eventually. Sorry, not gonna call and email others. Don't have time.

That's mostly what I'm doing too. I haven't actually heard this song on the radio yet (I've managed to miss it every time WRIF played it so far today) so I'm gonna keep requesting it via phone until I do.

I have no problem with calling your local station and requesting it.  It's this crap that Bright Eyes is doing that is bullshit.  Flooding stations with e-mails that don't actually reflect what their listeners want is bad for EVERYBODY involved.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

LOL, that 98.9 station played a shortened version of it. It started with the first guitar licks. The whole Chinese people talking part is cut out entirely.

Wow, that was quick.  I figured it would get full play for a day at least...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Wow, that was quick.  I figured it would get full play for a day at least...

What's even funnier is that was the PREMIERE of it on that particular station. They didn't even play the full version of it ONE time. 16

Board footer