You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

my station's top 9 @ 9 it stayed up there all weekend but hasnt hit #1 yet. Ontario has always been a good area for GnR though...but AC/DC is always bigger for some damn reason cuz i fucking hate'em 17

HTZ FM Top 9 @ 9
#1 AC/DC - Rock & Roll Train
#2 Guns n Roses - Chinese Democracy
#3 Disturbed - Indestructable
#4 Apocalyptica - I Don't Care
#5 Theory of a Deadman - Bad Girlfriend
#6 Metallica - The Day That Never Comes
#7 The Offspring - You're Gonna Go Far Kid 
#8 Rise Against - Re-Education
#9 Hinder - Use Me

Good.  Staying steady in my opinion actually means more regular people are digging it as the internet fans get tired of voting.  I see this as a good sign.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

but they do have an area where you can vote on the track and leave a message...it seems to have mostly positive reviews..check it out

http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/Feedback/BlogE … D=10011679

Some of those "reviews" are hilarious, but I agree...generally positive.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

but they do have an area where you can vote on the track and leave a message...it seems to have mostly positive reviews..check it out

http://www.edge.ca/Blogs/Feedback/BlogE … D=10011679

Some of those "reviews" are hilarious, but I agree...generally positive.

actuall this is the new rock station and until this news came down about the novemeber release i had never heard them play GnR once...so to me its odd to see they are playing it now..at one point they were spinning it 3 times every 2 hours

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I was going to update Chicago requests, but I haven't found any lists on either wlup.com or the web site for 95 Will Rock. So, I'm not avoiding revealing the truth. Anyhow, if anyone can find where these two stations hide their list, Chicago would be a good market to see how GNR is doing. I just can't find the lists. Maybe they don't have top 9s or top 10, I don't even know. I don't listen to them daily.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I don't listen to the radio so I can't tell about the reactions here in Philly. I've checked out websites and there's no lists of the top tracks. However, WMMR has a list of songs they played in the last 24 hours. CD was played 3 times. I am not sure if that is good or not but in comparison Rock N Roll Train was played twice. Though AC/DC was played pretty frequently outside of RNR Train while GNR only had 1 play (SCOM) besides the 3 times they played CD.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

If those numbers are accurate, it's lower than I would have thought.  Of course, I don't think it was on the whole week either.  Week 2 will be interesting...

russ, it's not an insult, though you're free to take it however you want.  Think it through logically...the law of averages says I'm right, unless you only asked a couple people.  There's nothing that everybody likes or dislikes, so I'm not sure why that's so offensive to you.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

since it hasnt even been a full week yet i think those are pretty good numbers

to be right around top 10 is pretty impressive....as people get a feel for it we'll see what direction it goes, but as an intitial reeaction its about where i expected it to be..but yeah undoubtably lower than some may have anticipated

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

so far, everyone but one i ask that has heard it likes it. we'd have to interview hundreds of people to really get an accurate consensus though. when it comes right down to it, a few people out of ten is a really good number for any artist. what i am hearing a lot of is i didn't know it was out yet, i'll go check it out. more promo is definitely due.

also , keep in mind a lot of listeners have never heard of chinese democracy or even gnr so in that regard they are starting over from scratch and this could be considered their first release. welcome to the jungle didn't catch on until several weeks after it was released. cd will fly under the radar for some at first. more time, promo, and music will, hopefully solve that as well.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Coinsiderin CD came out the 23rd, to be on the chart when it was only playing for 3 days of the time frame, that's not bad.

Board footer