You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: If there is a reunion, where do people stand?

Whilst I do want CD I could never turn my nose up at a reunion. Seeing the original guys up on stage together live is the one show more than any other I want to see, and I could never dissappointed if I got the chance to see it. Having said that ideally I want CD and maybe another album from this band first before any form of reunion.

Saudade
 Rep: 0 

Saudade wrote:

I'd prefer Chinese Democracy and possible new albums from the current lineup.

But if a reunion happened, I'd only support it if they made a studio album. If it was only for touring, then it's obvious they just wanted some money, and in that case I wouldn't support it.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Saudade wrote:

I'd prefer Chinese Democracy and possible new albums from the current lineup.

But if a reunion happened, I'd only support it if they made a studio album. If it was only for touring, then it's obvious they just wanted some money, and in that case I wouldn't support it.

So I take it you don't support the current lineup touring?

bringbackadler wrote:

I don't get you people who say you have no interest in seeing a reunion.

I'm sorry, but to me that means that you are an Axl Rose fan
... not a GN'R fan. This project of Axl's  has had no solid lineup and no album releases. How in the hell can you say that you prefer that to the real deal ? Don't you people like bands who are able to maintain the same band members and release music ?

I agree with what James said yesterday about respecting other's opinions, and it makes the forum a more interesting place, but I honestly don't understand how anyone can say that they prefer this nu era when they really haven't done much of anything. I'm definitely interested in hearing Axl's album, but at the same time, I'm pro reunion all the way.

For all of you guys that said that you'd rather see Axl and his guys on payroll, ask yourself this question ...

Do you normally prefer coverbands to the real thing ?

bba

That Axl Rose sentence cracks me up.    I am an Axl Rose fan and I am a GNR fan.   See thing is BBA you can say that this current band hasn't done anything but the old band is NO MORE.    And your sentence about bands maintaining the same band members...uhhh again, the old GNR is no more.

So to keep going on about the old like this and attacking people, like myself who enjoy what we have of the new band is really a dead arguement because the old band isn't together and there is no hint insight of them getting back together.   So people who are GNR fans, who are Axl Rose fans, who are fans of both incarnates and even fans like you who only like the memory of the old band, are all within rights of what they choose and but to constantly question it is getting tiresome and I see from you all the time.   People like what the like and don't need to constantly defend themselves to you.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

... not a GN'R fan. This project of Axl's  has had no solid lineup and no album releases. How in the hell can you say that you prefer that to the real deal ? Don't you people like bands who are able to maintain the same band members and release music ?

I agree with what James said yesterday about respecting other's opinions, and it makes the forum a more interesting place, but I honestly don't understand how anyone can say that they prefer this nu era when they really haven't done much of anything. I'm definitely interested in hearing Axl's album, but at the same time, I'm pro reunion all the way.

For all of you guys that said that you'd rather see Axl and his guys on payroll, ask yourself this question ...

bba

That Axl Rose sentence cracks me up.    I am an Axl Rose fan and I am a GNR fan.   See thing is BBA you can say that this current band hasn't done anything but the old band is NO MORE.    And your sentence about bands maintaining the same band members...uhhh again, the old GNR is no more.

So to keep going on about the old like this and attacking people, like myself who enjoy what we have of the new band is really a dead arguement because the old band isn't together and there is no hint insight of them getting back together.   So people who are GNR fans, who are Axl Rose fans, who are fans of both incarnates and even fans like you who only like the memory of the old band, are all within rights of what they choose and but to constantly question it is getting tiresome and I see from you all the time.   People like what the like and don't need to constantly defend themselves to you.

Who's attacking you ?

I gave my opinion, and you gave yours. I respect your opinion. Hell, I even respect JB's. I just don't understand it or agree with it.

You said that you enjoy what we have ??? I'm not being smart, but what exactly is it that we have ? Do you enjoy no albums being released ? The cancelled tours ? The never ending rotating lineups ?  The months and years of silence ? A new guitar player every tour ? A band that plays a setlist that is 90% cover songs ?

Why do you feel as though you need to "defend yourself" to me ? Because I said that I don't understand the logic ? It seems like you're personally attacking me just for disagreeing with what you say. Like James said yesterday, differences of opinion are what make this forum interesting. I realize that there is "no hint" of the original lineup getting back together. But, there's "no hint" of this album getting released anytime soon, if ever, for that matter.

I'll say it again just to make it clear,... I look forward to hearing Axl's album. He's my fav frontman of all time. But that doesn't mean that I am going to be naive enough to believe everything that he says or worship everything that he does. I hope that you don't feel like you need to defend yourself against this post. I thought this thread was asking someone's opinion on how they would feel about a reunion. Was the correct answer supposed to be that I don't want one ?

bba

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

I think Axl is coming to the end of his time of relevance, if he had released CD in 1999. he would have been highly relevant, then when a reunion happened sometime in this decade, that would also be highly releavant if CD was sucessful.

Now, Axl will be in his fifties by the time a reunion happens, if it does, they'll be just another band reuniting.

bringbackadler wrote:
DoubleTalkingJive wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:

bba

Who's attacking you ?

I gave my opinion, and you gave yours. I respect your opinion. Hell, I even respect JB's. I just don't understand it or agree with it.

You said that you enjoy what we have ??? I'm not being smart, but what exactly is it that we have ? Do you enjoy no albums being released ? The cancelled tours ? The never ending rotating lineups ?  The months and years of silence ? A new guitar player every tour ? A band that plays a setlist that is 90% cover songs ?

Why do you feel as though you need to "defend yourself" to me ? Because I said that I don't understand the logic ? It seems like you're personally attacking me just for disagreeing with what you say. Like James said yesterday, differences of opinion are what make this forum interesting. I realize that there is "no hint" of the original lineup getting back together. But, there's "no hint" of this album getting released anytime soon, if ever, for that matter.

I'll say it again just to make it clear,... I look forward to hearing Axl's album. He's my fav frontman of all time. But that doesn't mean that I am going to be so naive to believe everything that he says or worship everything that he does. I hope that you don't feel like you need to defend yourself against this post. I thought this thread was asking someone's opinion on how they would feel about a reunion. Was the correct answer supposed to be that I don't want one ?

bba

Attacking is using words like, "I don't get you people", your answer of wanting one is noted and respected however it's all in the way you type it and the words you use that you know are going to put people on the defensive.    Also, when I say defend, I mean the constant bringing up of the old band. 

Differences of opinions are welcomed wholeheartedly but as I said before it's all on how you come across to people and how you word your opinions.    Also, since you think I am attacking you, we have spoken about your abuse of the rep system giving people neg rep for their opinion which you need to respect as well so before you acuse me of attacking you, think about those things.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

DoubleTalkingJive wrote:

Attacking is using words like, "I don't get you people", your answer of wanting one is noted and respected however it's all in the way you type it and the words you use that you know are going to put people on the defensive.    Also, when I say defend, I mean the constant bringing up of the old band.

This is a reunion thread. You permitted it to be in this section. I think it makes sense that I would bring up the old band in this thread. I mentioned Slash in the Fortus thread because someone took a shot at him.

Take a look at my reputation level. Look at how many people are giving me negative rep because they disagree with me. I have some that say  "fuck off" and "you're a dick". Is that ok for others to do that shit ?

bba

lol you're such a troll dude.    you always give the neg rep first.     anyone who doubts that, look at his log and notice the times.     in fact you are the only member here who is constantly giving people bad reps, the ones you get are just people responding to it.

banned from here today AND mygnr.  Why do you think that is?   he doesn't come here (or any board) to talk about his favorite band with fellow fans, he comes here to antagonize those who get enjoyment out of the current GnR lineup.   Since his interests are only in the old band, if he was here to talk about that he'd be posting in that section.   

on topic,  no I can't say I would be very interested in an original GNR reunion.   I grew up on that lineup and loved it, but it was a long time ago and I'd rather see them stay a memory and let the guys in the band now build their own legacy in the band.     Those things never live up to what you expect.   I've supported Axl all this time and to see him sell out and ditch these guys would be kind of disheartening.   Fortunately, I don't see it happening anyways.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer