You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: If there is a reunion, where do people stand?

Sky Dog wrote:

I could handle Slash and Izzy back in the mix, but in the end, reunions of hard rock bands 25 years later are LAME. Plus, Adler and Sorum are complete douche bags so it would be nice to see them never profit from the Gnr name again.

the dirt
 Rep: 3 

the dirt wrote:
madagas wrote:

I could handle Slash and Izzy back in the mix, but in the end, reunions of hard rock bands 25 years later are LAME..

Some are of the opinion that 45+ year old frontmen of hard rock and punk bands are lame.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

madagas wrote:

Plus, Adler and Sorum are complete douche bags so it would be nice to see them never profit from the Gnr name again.

Yeah, who'd want to see 2 drummers who played on all of the Guns N Roses albums actually profit from the name ? Makes alot of sense.  roll

bba

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
bringbackadler wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Also, as has been previously said, if they get together just to tour, it's clearly for the money, and I don't respect that. And before you say that's what Axl is doing now, we know he is creating music by the leaks, so don't go there.

I respect your opinion, bigbri.

But, this logic makes absolutely no sense.

The leaks prove that Axl has went into a studio and did some recording in the past 15 years. It proves absolutely NOTHING else.

The only thing that we do know for certain is that Axl and his band have done 3 separate tours in the past 6 years, and still no album release. So, as of right now, all we know is that they are definitely touring, and it's most certainly for the money. Now, do you respect that ?

bba

I respect that Axl is making music he is passionate about and doing it his way. True, as Jimmy said, all bands tour for money. But if Axl, Slash and Co. get back together, we know it most likely won't be because they want to make great music, just great money. Big difference. So, Axl tours to make money to keep the band functioning and to keep CD alive in some state. I can accept that. I don't like the situation any more than anyone else, but it is what it is. I don't respect other aspects of Axl's life/career choices.

Now, ask me, do I respect what the other former members have done? No, not really. Slash, Duff and VR ripped me off with their first CD. What a steaming pile of trash. I didn't fall for it with CD No. 2, and the singles I heard on the radio prove I made the right choice. Duff's solo CD? Embarassing lyrics, average music. Another ripoff. Snakepit? Not a ripoff, per se, but coming off GNR's success, a major dud. Neurotic Outsiders? Wow, just wow. A bad attempt at punk when crappy punk bands at the time ruled the charts.

Like I said before, the only guy I respect still is Izzy. Still writes great songs. Doing things his way and not really getting involved in the trash talk generally.

Sky Dog wrote:

amen!:thumbup: pretty much my feelings as well.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Wow....I think the riffs on snakepit 1 = as good as AFD riffs...if axl was on that record it would be as good as any GNR release I think...

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Wow....I think the riffs on snakepit 1 = as good as AFD riffs...if axl was on that record it would be as good as any GNR release I think...

I disagree, I personally am glad Axl wasn't on that album.

There are some good tracks, but the album as a whole is too depressing, this was one of the things Axl probably meant about Slash not wanting to write happy songs or something like that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

like coma and dont cry are such happy songs 16 snake pit one is fantastic IMO

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

like coma and dont cry are such happy songs 16

But as you know, they don't sound anything like something from the SnakePit stuff.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

there is some balls out, bad ass stuff on 5 o'clock i think that album fucking rocks 9

the majority of those tunes were written for GnR, you can tell, same with Gilby's pawnshop guitars album, some of those songs were written for GnR .... just how they are constructed

I never understood how gnr fans couldnt like snakepit 10 the only thing i can think of is that its cuz Axl doesnt sing on it....seriously i love that album, i listen to it regularily

Board footer