You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: If there is a reunion, where do people stand?

Sky Dog wrote:

The breakup started when Izzy left then Slash and Axl simply could not work out their differences. Nothing more, nothing less. Neither are liars and neither are saints. Shit happens, people change, and relationships end. Will they ever get back together? Who knows....however, us continuously arguing over it is really kinda silly at this point.:haha:

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Maybe if Axl gets CD out of his system he will have matched Slash in getting out a successful album away from his old band then maybe things would move ahead.
If Axl goes back now, it makes him look the weaker of the two, he admits his course of action was a failure. He's too competitive for that.
Slash's book being out may actually badly affect Axl. It's pretty obvious he gets very hung up on people and their actions (Stephanie & Slash in particular) and finds it hard to let go.
Maybe this book and all the attention Slash is getting will set him back again.
I think the emergence of VR affected his ability to come out the gate with the new band. The comparisons would be too painful for him.
It will be interesting to see if he comments on the book at all in the future.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I understand the Stephanie thing, but why would he be so upset over Slash?  It's not like they were ever really close by any account I've ever scene.  I would think he'd be more hurt by Izzy leaving than Slash, and he made up with Izzy.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I understand the Stephanie thing, but why would he be so upset over Slash?  It's not like they were ever really close by any account I've ever scene.  I would think he'd be more hurt by Izzy leaving than Slash, and he made up with Izzy.

I think Slash leaving more or less represents the end of the original band. On a personal level, and even professional/songwriting level, Izzy probably had a bigger impact. But the band played on, and toured sucessfully. But Then they couldn't write as a cohesive unit, and when Slash left, it was symbolic that it was over for the old band.

Madagas I agree with your post about the breakup. Also as for the Snakepit album & Axl rejecting it, I think part of the differences were larger than Slash liking it as is, Axl not. I think Slash knew they'd be entering a pattern of writing, re-writing, taking this part, adding a new part, redoing the solo etc etc (a la UYI & CD) and he didn't want to enter into that. He probably wanted to get an album out soon (ie 94 or 95) whereas Axl didn't care when it was out or how long they'd be in the studio, just so long as it was great. They certainly differ in opinions that way, look at Slash with Snakepit & VR, vs Nu-GnR.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If there was a reunion, everybody would be happy.  Well, almost everybody.  They might be happier if they had gotten CD, but no Guns N' Roses fan should be mad or boycott the prospect of a reunion.  If Axl had a press release tomorrow saying he wanted to reunite the Original Lineup (or some form of it), Guns N' Roses would soar to the top search lists instantly of all the search engines and even those fans supporting Axl 100% would have to be onboard because it's what Axl wants.

That is right Buzz!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

As I have stated in a couple threads recently, I think Slash has permanently closed the door on a reunion. Axl ran his mouth too much.

James, the door never closed... Jeez...haha.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If there is a reunion I stand front row.

Great answer pollux!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

If there is a reunion I stand front row.

You're going to have to fight off a lot of people.  If there was a reunion, it would likely be the biggest tour ever.  The potential earnings have grown over the years too, but at some point (and likely soon) it's going to reach it's peak in terms of potential.

I don't see a reunion happening anytime soon.  Even if Slash's book is intended to be somewhat nice to Axl, those around him will use it as a rallying cry for more anti-Slash sentiment.

buzz, you fucking fortune teller!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Running out of "I told 'ya so's I see"

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I could handle Slash and Izzy back in the mix, but in the end, reunions of hard rock bands 25 years later are LAME. Plus, Adler and Sorum are complete douche bags so it would be nice to see them never profit from the Gnr name again.

Bro, a little harsh... You still feel this way?

Board footer