You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dont Try Me
 Rep: 0 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Dont Try Me wrote:

Love the new songs, Especially Sorry and This I Love, too bad from the skips in the leaks but we'll can buy the album soon anyways! Happy!

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

I really hope the '99 version of Catcher in the Rye leaks in higher quality.  Why the hell did Axl take Brian May off the album?  It can't be because it was old, all his own vocals are from about ten years ago!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I've got Scraped with no sounds or skips at all just some background fuzz. Like listening to the radio.

Side note: Listen to the lyrics in Sorry. Who thinks it's possibly about the fans and the media?

Thats what I thought too but i think its about Slash dude. Maybe both.

meanbone

meanbone wrote:

can someone pm the new leaked songs plus the ones we already had but in the final versions? much appreciated!

Dont Try Me

Dont Try Me wrote:

what I don't understand is why people always think songs are about Slash or the old band. Maybe it is, maybe not, it could be about the grocery man for all we know. It just annoys me a bit. Other then that and on topic. Great new songs! smile

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Dont Try Me wrote:

what I don't understand is why people always think songs are about Slash or the old band. Maybe it is, maybe not, it could be about the grocery man for all we know. It just annoys me a bit. Other then that and on topic. Great new songs! smile

"You close your eyes
All well and good
I'll kick your ass
like I said that I would
You tell them stories
they'd rather believe
use and confuse them, their numb and naive
truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree
it's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"

"nobody owes you
not one goddamn way
no where to put your
just shut up and sing......"

"You sold your soul, but I won't let you in"

Thats why I think its about slash.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
Roxxie wrote:

I really hope the '99 version of Catcher in the Rye leaks in higher quality.  Why the hell did Axl take Brian May off the album?  It can't be because it was old, all his own vocals are from about ten years ago!

I cant believe whats happened to that song. It sounds like it has been re-done in one take, and a very sloppy take too.

The outro has some of the most heart felt vocals on the album and Fink and Co have somehow managed to rob the whole thing of all emotion.

I'm flabbergasted to be honest, now its just Axls vocal melodies driving the song and a half hearted backing track. That version and the old demo really highlight the difference in class in guitarists.

I'm really suprised at other changes made, the other version had so many neat little ideas working in harmony, and now..... I dont know, I should really wait till I have the album at home and playing through a decent stereo before I really get upset 17

Dont Try Me

Dont Try Me wrote:

fair enough BLS-pride, still, I'm sure Axl encountered allot more people who pulled the same stuff Slash pulled on him. It could be about anyone, media, fans, a cummulative of personal experiences, other combinations, but I kinda understand your point.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Olorin wrote:
Roxxie wrote:

I cant believe whats happened to that song. It sounds like it has been re-done in one take, and a very sloppy take too.

The outro has some of the most heart felt vocals on the album and Fink and Co have somehow managed to rob the whole thing of all emotion.

I'm flabbergasted to be honest, now its just Axls vocal melodies driving the song and a half hearted backing track. That version and the old demo really highlight the difference in class in guitarists.

I'm really suprised at other changes made, the other version had so many neat little ideas working in harmony, and now..... I dont know, I should really wait till I have the album at home and playing through a decent stereo before I really get upset 17

i agree.. the beauty was the subtlety.. and simplicity...

now it's kinda a mess.. there's too much goin on.. and the guitars in the intro are fucking with the piano's mojo..

i was really excited to hear that version... cleaned up and crisp...
what i got was essentially a remix with random guitar noodling in the intro...
i'm disappointed. sad

meanbone

meanbone wrote:

people come on share!! i'm dying over here ... Pm' me please

Board footer