You are not logged in. Please register or login.

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

samnuts wrote:

yeah i really don't like the guitars in the intro of catcher either.  it just sounds sloppy.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

it was completely unnecessary....

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I've got Scraped with no sounds or skips at all just some background fuzz. Like listening to the radio.

Side note: Listen to the lyrics in Sorry. Who thinks it's possibly about the fans and the media?

My personal opinion...

Shackler's Revenge - is about the fans. I don't know if it's a pure out attack, but it's certaintly for a "chosen few".

Don't ever
Try to tell me
How much you care for me
Don't ever
Try to tell me
How much you were there for me

I don't believe there's a reason
I don't believe it
I don't believe it

No one is stoppin' you
From doin what you want to do
No one is stoppin you now
Stoppin' you now

Street of Dreams - is about Stephanie Seymour. All of the lyrics.

Scraped - I think is actually a pro-fan, pro-listener song, almost the opposite of Shackler's. I think this song is actually kind of a "give 'em hell" anthem. Never give it up, keep fighting the good fight, kind of song. And balancing that with depression. One moment you feel like a beaten dog, and the next minute you remember YOU'RE the king. You can do anything you accomplish your mind to.

Sorry - is totally about Slash imo.

Madagascar - is about it all as a whole. Whether it be Slash, Steph, the media, bad fans, haters, whatever... I won't be told anymore, that i've been brought down in this storm.

This I Love - I think this is another 'unrequited love' song, not really about anyone in particular. There are parts of this song that could be interpreted to be about Steph, Slash or hell Erin. I really think this was originally the song that was supposed to be sandwiched in-between November Rain & Estranged. This was supposed to be 'Part III' of the Trilogy. Thus the whole 'Estranged is Part IV of the Trilogy' little play on words.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am really digging Scraped now.....

ll_tj1
 Rep: 8 

ll_tj1 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I've got Scraped with no sounds or skips at all just some background fuzz. Like listening to the radio.

Side note: Listen to the lyrics in Sorry. Who thinks it's possibly about the fans and the media?

My personal opinion...

Shackler's Revenge - is about the fans. I don't know if it's a pure out attack, but it's certaintly for a "chosen few".

Don't ever
Try to tell me
How much you care for me
Don't ever
Try to tell me
How much you were there for me

I don't believe it
I don't believe it

No one is stoppin' you
From doin what you want to do
No one is stoppin you now
Stoppin' you now

Street of Dreams - is about Stephanie Seymour. All of the lyrics.

Scraped - I think is actually a pro-fan, pro-listener song, almost the opposite of Shackler's. I think this song is actually kind of a "give 'em hell" anthem. Never give it up, keep fighting the good fight, kind of song. And balancing that with depression. One moment you feel like a beaten dog, and the next minute you remember YOU'RE the king. You can do anything you accomplish your mind to.

Sorry - is totally about Slash imo.

Madagascar - is about it all as a whole. Whether it be Slash, Steph, the media, bad fans, haters, whatever... I won't be told anymore, that i've been brought down in this storm.

This I Love - I think this is another 'unrequited love' song, not really about anyone in particular. There are parts of this song that could be interpreted to be about Steph, Slash or hell Erin. I really think this was originally the song that was supposed to be sandwiched in-between November Rain & Estranged. This was supposed to be 'Part III' of the Trilogy. Thus the whole 'Estranged is Part IV of the Trilogy' little play on words.

I don't get why any of these songs would be about Slash, it's not like the 2 of them were fucking lovers or something. He was the lead guitarist for GNR 16 years ago. These songs could just as well be about Duff, Steven, or more likely than Slash would be Izzy. Axl had to be much closer to Izzy than any other memeber. After Izzy left during the UYI tour, didnt Axl travel completely seperate from the rest of the band??? They've all talked shit about each other over the years. I don't see where Slash was so important to Axl that his comments alone hurt Axl so bad that he wrote Sorry about Slash. Come on!!!  Slash isn't that important to Axl, niether is Axl to Slash. It's over. How many of you people would write a song like Sorry, or even funnier, This I Love, about a friend (not your former best friend, just a friend, and probably not even that before the band broke up) you havn't spoken to in 14-15 years??? Come on??? What sickens me is people believeing a guy, thats not gay, wrote another song about another guy, who's not gay, about his hurt feelings.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

There is hate and unresolved issues with Axl and Slash. Some grudges never die.  Why is it so hard to think that? Rappers for instant write raps "dissing" other rappers all the time. To believe a rock star couldn't or wouldn't do the same is not very smart. There is a lot of history between those two that we know about and don't know about. And how the issue of homosexuality is brought into this makes no sense too me. This is Axl letting all his frustrations out and there is most likely a lot surrounding Slash. There won't be one review of this album with out a Slash reference. Slash and Axl are forever tied together.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Dude, from all accounts Axl is very bitter about Slash and all of the positive press Slash gets. Havnt you noticed the words "Lie" "Lies" and "Liar" that fly out of the GN'R camp like shit off a shovel.

They use those words far to easily and readily for my liking.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Sorry gets better and better - the chorus was stuck in my head after the first listen even with the skipping. By far the best song from this new band in my opinion, and the only one that I would list as one my fav gnr songs of all time. I'm annoyed that the first time i listened to it was with all that skipping and the second time with all that AIM shit. Can't wait for a proper version. Co-written with Buckethead who also contributes an awesome solo. Legendary guitarist.:buckethead:

I dunno if its specifically about  Slash - I'd imagine most of the songs are very general and about all those people who have pissed him off - although he may have had Slash in mind. "Don't owe you a damn thing" sounds like something he might say to the fans. "I won't let you in" sounds like something he might say to Slash."

It seems from the booklet the song was originally titled sorry for you.

The only annoying thing about the song is the way he sings "but I don't want to do it" in the first verse. WTF? Maybe he's trying to sound vulnerable I don't know.

ll_tj1

ll_tj1 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

There is hate and unresolved issues with Axl and Slash. Some grudges never die.  Why is it so hard to think that? Rappers for instant write raps "dissing" other rappers all the time. To believe a rock star couldn't or wouldn't do the same is not very smart. There is a lot of history between those two that we know about and don't know about. And how the issue of homosexuality is brought into this makes no sense too me. This is Axl letting all his frustrations out and there is most likely a lot surrounding Slash. There won't be one review of this album with out a Slash reference. Slash and Axl are forever tied together.

The homosexual crap was just me being a smart ass. And as for "Slash and Axl being tied together forever" I get that, because of what they, Izzy and Duff did with GNR. What I was trying to say, and did incorrectly was try to ask why is it always Axl and Slash?? Steven Tyler and Joe Perry actually cowrote alot of stuff withour=t ever running anything by any other members of Aerosmith. Mick Jagger and Kieth Richards were the same. I never saw Axl and Slash as being that way. I always saw Slash like I see Kirk Hammett of Metallica. "Here you go Kirk, these are the songs James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich wrote. Record 6 or 7 solos for each song and they will pick the ones they want. We'll let you know what ones they chose so you'll know what to play when the songs are played live"

ll_tj1

ll_tj1 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

The homosexual crap was just me being a smart ass. And as for "Slash and Axl being tied together forever" I get that, because of what they, Izzy and Duff did with GNR. What I was trying to say, and did incorrectly was try to ask why is it always Axl and Slash?? Steven Tyler and Joe Perry actually cowrote alot of stuff withour=t ever running anything by any other members of Aerosmith. Mick Jagger and Kieth Richards were the same. I never saw Axl and Slash as being that way. I always saw Slash like I see Kirk Hammett of Metallica. "Here you go Kirk, these are the songs James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich wrote. Record 6 or 7 solos for each song and they will pick the ones they want. We'll let you know what ones they chose so you'll know what to play when the songs are played live" I think there is hate and unresolved issues between Axl and Duff, Slash, Matt and Steven.

Board footer